Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #41
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
The media can be a bitch at times. Why can't they just talk about the fight rather then the two sports? It stupid. Why don't they change it up and do one on Football/Soccer or Football/Hockey or Baseball/Basketball. You see what I'm saying. Just talk about the sport itself. They are two fight sports. Talk about the fight that is about to happen or the possible fights for the winner and where they could go from there. They are not helping either sport with that bullshit.

James
I agree totally. The Boxing vs MMA shit gets old, but they bring it out because it's bread and butter to them right now. I think that since MMA isn't a sport that gets airtime on ESPN, they ignore as much of it as they can, and dismiss what they have to report on. Since both MMA and Boxing play more frequently on other channels, they only cover the huge fights, and only in a minimalist fashion. It's the same thing they did with Hockey. As soon as they gave up the coverage, they've all but stopped providing updates or any news relating to it unless is a big goal that makes the rounds on all the news outlets,or a big fight that. Otherwise, hockey updates are stuck on the bottom scroll. Doesn't matter much to me. ESPN is to sports what MTV is to music at this point.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #42
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

I think they should integrate. Have fights in both styles lined up in the same event. Have a ring and an octagon set up. Draw in twice as many people.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #43
Flexin
AMA Supersport

http://www.fightnews.com/

Margarito handwrap update!

The California Commission has promised “prompt” results the investigation into the pads from the handwraps confiscated from Antonio Margarito prior to his loss to Shane Mosley. Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer decribed the material removed to the LA Times as “a white pad with a substance that was a grayish, concrete color on it” and added “…you wonder now how many times he did it before.”
January 28th, 2009

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #44
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
http://www.fightnews.com/

Margarito handwrap update!

The California Commission has promised “prompt” results the investigation into the pads from the handwraps confiscated from Antonio Margarito prior to his loss to Shane Mosley. Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer decribed the material removed to the LA Times as “a white pad with a substance that was a grayish, concrete color on it” and added “…you wonder now how many times he did it before.”
January 28th, 2009

James
Who gives a shit... He got taken apart by Mosley.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #45
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

Boxing is dead...MMA ftw
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #46
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Who gives a shit... He got taken apart by Mosley.
It matters if he has been doing it for a while. He Ko'd Cotto and Cintron. I didn't think that would happen. So it matters a lot.

James
Old 02-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #47
Flexin
AMA Supersport

www.fightnews.com

Feb
Margarito, Capetillo licenses revoked!
Ban to last at least one year

Former welterweight champion Antonio Margarito and his trainer Javier Capetillo had their licenses revoked for a minimum of one year at today’s California State Athletic Commission disciplinary hearing in Van Nuys, California. The ban will be enforced throughout the United States, but Margarito could possibly still fight in another country, such as Mexico. If he wishes to fight in the U.S again, Margarito must apply to have his CSAC license reinstated after one year. Capetillo testified that he accidentally put illegal pads into Margarito’s hand wraps prior to his bout with Shane Mosley. “I committed a big mistake,” Capetillo said according to the LA Times. “I don’t want this young man to have problems. I’m here to cover any responsibility. I take full responsibility. I committed this innocent mistake.”

Earlier, CSAC Inspector Che Guevara testified that the pad inside Margarito’s hand wraps was “not hard as a rock, but firm and hard.” Inspector Mike Bray testified that there was “a white substance smeared across the pad, like a cast plaster.” The pads, confiscated by the commission before Margarito’s fight last month with Shane Mosley, are still being tested by the Commission.

Last week, Margarito’s previous opponent Miguel Cotto commented to Fightnews.com on Margarito’s current plight. “Margarito and his team are responsible for their acts,” said Cotto. “If they used the illegal handwraps or not was their decision. If it’s true they will have to face the consequences.”

Margarito can fight in Tijuana!

In a show of unconditional support, Tijuana’s Mayor Jorge Ramos extended an invitation to former world champion Antonio Margarito to fight in his native city at anytime. The public invitation came shortly after the California Athletic Commission revoked Margarito’s boxing license. After a lengthy hearing in which no evidence was presented to demonstrate that Margarito incurred in any wrongdoing, the Commission revoked his license to fight in California for one year. Upon hearing of the news and to show his support, Tijuana Mayor Jorge Ramos said, “We welcome Antonio Margarito with open arms, and want him to know that when he is ready to fight again we want him to come to his hometown. He has been an exemplary athlete and has for many years represented the city of Tijuana with great pride and honor so it is a natural for us to continue to support him in his career that should not be blemished by a Commission that was not presented with evidence of any wrongdoing by our native son,” added Mayor Ramos.
February 10th, 2009

Cotto on Margarito decision!

Here is Miguel Cotto’s reaction regarding the California’s State Athletic Commission revoking Antonio Margarito’s boxing license: “California’s Boxing Commission evaluated the case and made a decision. They have necessary evidence to judge [Margarito and his trainer] according to their rules. I think that my future won’t be affected by this decision. I will continue with my training for February 21 and I’m focused on winning the title against Michel Jennings and bringing another championship to Puerto Rico.”
February 10th, 2009

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 02-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #48
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

LOL Nice on Mexico for saying "Hey, we don't mind cheaters, liars, scumbags, etc etc... Come on down, we would love to have you!"

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #49
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I haven't seen a boxing match since Tyson fought Holyfield....which was like a billion years ago.
The latest "great boxing" was early Mike Tyson. It's easy to figure out which fights, he had the fire in his eyes. Don King poisoned him, had him fight too much and he lost the fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx View Post
Boxing is dead...MMA ftw
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #50
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
The media can be a bitch at times. Why can't they just talk about the fight rather then the two sports? It stupid. Why don't they change it up and do one on Football/Soccer or Football/Hockey or Baseball/Basketball. You see what I'm saying. Just talk about the sport itself. They are two fight sports. Talk about the fight that is about to happen or the possible fights for the winner and where they could go from there. They are not helping either sport with that bullshit.

James

Good points. I grew up a boxing fan and have become more of a MMA fan in recent years BUT I like them both and they are two different sports...period.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote