Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 10-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default BCS standings

they will be comming out this week so the fun shall begin. Seems like the loser of the sec title game will be on tghe outside looking in for the national title. Looks like the # 3 spot may be the spot to be in.

I am sure this will stir more controversey and if obamas not too busy walking on water maybe he will step in and fix the mess

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

it's only fair for the SEC to send only one team to the title game. If you lose the SEC title game, you don't deserve to go. Hell look at Georgia two years ago. They didn't even go to the SEC title game and they were bitching about not going to the champ game. Fuck you, you didn't even win your division, you dont deserve to go.

I can still hope for a playoffs even though the faggot big 10 will never let us have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Suppose fla and al aare realy the 2 top teams in the country they prolly should get consideration to play in the title game. I think it almost happened a few yrs ago with one of the big 12 teams.

I think GA should have played USC that year. GA destroyed hawaii and usc spanked illinois, 2 teams that obviously had no business being in a bcs game.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Suppose fla and al aare realy the 2 top teams in the country they prolly should get consideration to play in the title game. I think it almost happened a few yrs ago with one of the big 12 teams.

I think GA should have played USC that year. GA destroyed hawaii and usc spanked illinois, 2 teams that obviously had no business being in a bcs game.
Well think about the first Florida title win 3 years ago, Michigan and Ohio State played and tOSU won. The fuckin Big 10 people were screaming rematch, they are the best teams EVAR!!! Florida plays tOSU and beats them to a fuckin pulp. Big 10 finds out they suck in comparison, LSU carries on with the beating the next year. All is well in SEC land.

I was against the rematch for the Michigan/tOSU game and I am against rematches for SEC teams as well.

I do think every conference needs a title game or no conference should have title games. You are just beating yourselves up for no damn reason in a shitty system. Play more out of conference teams and get two of your best teams in the national championship without playing each other.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

JoePa is for a playoff, I know that.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
JoePa is for a playoff, I know that.
Not many other coaches are for it, but Joe Pa hasn't really been reaping the reward of that type of system recently. tOSU and Michigan have been.

Jim Delaney the head of Big 10 is the real problem. He loves getting all that money from the bowls.
Quote:
Old 10-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Yep. Doucher. And F the sweater vest.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Well think about the first Florida title win 3 years ago, Michigan and Ohio State played and tOSU won. The fuckin Big 10 people were screaming rematch, they are the best teams EVAR!!! Florida plays tOSU and beats them to a fuckin pulp. Big 10 finds out they suck in comparison, LSU carries on with the beating the next year. All is well in SEC land.

I was against the rematch for the Michigan/tOSU game and I am against rematches for SEC teams as well.

I do think every conference needs a title game or no conference should have title games. You are just beating yourselves up for no damn reason in a shitty system. Play more out of conference teams and get two of your best teams in the national championship without playing each other.
Good points, sometimes its hard to tell who is realy deserving, but if both fla and ala beat a whole bunch of quality opponents and have a close game in the title game they may get a remach esp if there are no other undefeated teams.

These conference championships also help generate more revenue for the schools/conferences. Thing was a few years ago when the big 8 became the big 12 and the sec took in a few teams you kinda had ot have a playoff. At this time i cant see the big ten or pac 10 going that way.

Tom
Old 10-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
Rider
Moto GP Star

I hate the BCS but it's better than awarding the NC to a team that may not be the best. I know the current setup is not a guarantee either but at least you get the #1 and #2 playing each other. You don't get shared titles anymore like UW and UM had in 1991.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I hate the BCS but it's better than awarding the NC to a team that may not be the best. I know the current setup is not a guarantee either but at least you get the #1 and #2 playing each other. You don't get shared titles anymore like UW and UM had in 1991.
Problem is when you get a few teams that may be deserving of a shot. Seem slik eevery year theres one or 2 teams that kinda get screwed.

Tom