Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 01-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #21
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
Cheating and steroid use is fucking it up though. I'm sure MMA deals with it too though.
The last fighter I heard get in shit for roids was James Toney and that was a year or two ago. What cheating are you talking about other then that?

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #22
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

The fight this weekend. The one guys is an admitted steroid user, and the other guy was forced to change his gloves 3 times because he had a substance in there that turned to hard plastic when it got wet.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #23
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
The fight this weekend. The one guys is an admitted steroid user, and the other guy was forced to change his gloves 3 times because he had a substance in there that turned to hard plastic when it got wet.
Do you remember the names of the fighters? I know Shane Mosley was part of the whole Balco steroid thing. He hasn't tested positive for any fights that I know of. And he fought Antonio Margarito last weekend. I didn't get to see the fight yet but I didn't hear about any glove changes in that fight. And I haven't read anything about the bad gloves in any fight. I could have missed it but I check a site on boxing news daily.

James
Old 01-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #24
Flexin
AMA Supersport

And I have never seen gloves changed in a fight. If someone was caught cheating with rigged gloves in the fight the fight should have been stopped. If three sets of gloves were bad then it goes way above that fighter and his team which is bad.

James
Old 01-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #25
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

It was pre fight, they kept making him change his gloves prior to him coming out into the ring. They were talking about it on sports radio for a quite a while the other day.

Another thing that caught my attention... Boxing used to be a love it or hate it sport... now it seems to be a love it or just "eh whatever" sport... Maybe I am confusing boxing becoming irrelevant with just the hating boxing part becoming a thing of the past... does that make sense?

WOS Forums
Old 01-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #26
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
It was pre fight, they kept making him change his gloves prior to him coming out into the ring. They were talking about it on sports radio for a quite a while the other day.

Another thing that caught my attention... Boxing used to be a love it or hate it sport... now it seems to be a love it or just "eh whatever" sport... Maybe I am confusing boxing becoming irrelevant with just the hating boxing part becoming a thing of the past... does that make sense?

No at all. To me there seems to be more love/hate with boxing then before. I don't think there was the hate back in the day. Now I see the hate from a lot (not all) of MMA fans. Some I think just like how brutal MMA can get. Some act like they can only like one or the other. I like boxing more but I do like other fight sports. One weekend I was at my computer and had a tv beside it. I watched about 6 hours or more of straight MMA. Years ago I would watch a bit of kick boxing or Martial Arts.

James
Old 01-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I wonder who the fighter was? I don't see how they could know something was wrong with the gloves before the fight. I heard they get X number of sets of gloves in and take a random pair for the fighter.

James
Old 01-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #28
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
No at all. To me there seems to be more love/hate with boxing then before. I don't think there was the hate back in the day. Now I see the hate from a lot (not all) of MMA fans. Some I think just like how brutal MMA can get. Some act like they can only like one or the other. I like boxing more but I do like other fight sports. One weekend I was at my computer and had a tv beside it. I watched about 6 hours or more of straight MMA. Years ago I would watch a bit of kick boxing or Martial Arts.

James

Back in the day, the hate was like if you weren't into it, it was all violence , old hens at church getting all up in arms over it, people calling it barbarianism, etc etc, and if you weren't that way, you were watching the fight that was coming up Saturday night.

WOS Forums
Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #29
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3858368

WOS Forums
Old 01-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #30
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Back in the day, the hate was like if you weren't into it, it was all violence , old hens at church getting all up in arms over it, people calling it barbarianism, etc etc, and if you weren't that way, you were watching the fight that was coming up Saturday night.
I think those people are still the same so I don't count them.

James