Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I have the Cortechs and couldn't be happier. Off the bike, the knee armor kind of rubs you funny. But, on the bike, it's fine.

I wouldn't expect the armor to stay in place, should I go down, though. They just don't fit like leathers do. I only wear them for casual rides, anyway.
Were they when they first came out? They now have velcro'd pockets... the first pair I got they slid around, now they stay RIGHT where they should.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Were they when they first came out? They now have velcro'd pockets... the first pair I got they slid around, now they stay RIGHT where they should.
That may be the only difference between the Mod and DSX.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 AM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I have a pair of the Draggin Jeans. I hate the cut and the way they look. They remind me of Rustlers or Wranglers. I also have Shift,Icon and LBZ riding jeans/pants. Of them all,the Icons fit and look the best but I doubt they have the protection of the Draggin Jeans. I also have the Bohn under armor. I think it would provide great protection but I found it to be very hot. I got a severe case of monkey butt wearing it on a long ride and quit using them. BTW I just ordered the Icon Leather pants. Supposedly they follow Icon's general style lines,ie boot cut/loose fit. I'm hoping the airflow will be good. I'll let everyone know when they come in. Maybe I'll join Photobucket so I can post some pics.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #4
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

I'm assuming you would want to buy them a couple inches long to avoid ride up wouldn't ya?
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

I think that the Cortech Mod jeans differ from the DSX jeans in the appearance. I can't see anything else different.

Azoom, how do you get the Cortech jeans to fit you? They look like they cut for men's sizes. I wouldn't mind getting my niece some of those jeans for putting around town. I got her a pair of the BMW jeans-lookalike riding pants but that's the only one that she has. Otherwise she has a mesh pants for super hot days and a leather pants for hard riding.

I take the kneecups out of all of those jeans because unless they are seriously formfitting, the cups aren't going to stay on anyway.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I think that the Cortech Mod jeans differ from the DSX jeans in the appearance. I can't see anything else different.

Azoom, how do you get the Cortech jeans to fit you? They look like they cut for men's sizes. I wouldn't mind getting my niece some of those jeans for putting around town. I got her a pair of the BMW jeans-lookalike riding pants but that's the only one that she has. Otherwise she has a mesh pants for super hot days and a leather pants for hard riding.

I take the kneecups out of all of those jeans because unless they are seriously formfitting, the cups aren't going to stay on anyway.
They are relaxed men's fit - that means I go for them to fit my hips, and deal with extra material at the waist. The newest ones I have, the pockets are small enough for the knee armor to fit into and they don't move... they are similar to the pockets for the armor in my jacket. Don't move at all.

I don't fit into women's gear... I'm now convinced that gear is all made for leprechauns I need to have the option of an inseam well over 30.

The best fitting jeans so far for me have been the Ducati jeans - go figure. But, at $300+ a pair they can blow me...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
They are relaxed men's fit - that means I go for them to fit my hips, and deal with extra material at the waist. The newest ones I have, the pockets are small enough for the knee armor to fit into and they don't move... they are similar to the pockets for the armor in my jacket. Don't move at all.

I don't fit into women's gear... I'm now convinced that gear is all made for leprechauns I need to have the option of an inseam well over 30.

The best fitting jeans so far for me have been the Ducati jeans - go figure. But, at $300+ a pair they can blow me...
Thanks for the heads-up. If you could, you might try out a couple of BMW dealerships and see if they have the INOTEX (aka New Denim) pants left for women. BMW had discontinued the line but maybe there are still stocks floating around. They are cut long and of course, the women's line for the female fit.

Oops, forgot to add that they ain't cheap, but they are good though. Textiles that look and feel like denim.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #8
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

I have a set of Icon Recon Jeans that I got when they first came out, and I'm very happy with them. I wrecked in them twice and they held up very well. The only thing I don't like is the "look" of the jeans with the stretch material in the crotch. I am probably going to get another pair of riding jeans that look a little more "normal" here soon. I like the Icon Anthem and Strongarm, I'll probably pick up a set next month.
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I live near Hickory which is where they are HQ'd so I was able to ride up and try different pairs/styles on and walk out with them which is a good thing.

I have a pair of their utility jeans and also bought the knee/shin armor and have been happy with them.

Are they as "stylish" as my Lee jeans...ok probably not BUT I only wear them when I'm out riding and with kevlar across the butt and around the knees with the CE-rated armor on knees and shin...again...like them alot.

My riding boots and Joe Rocket jacket aren't as "stylish" as my regular clothes either BUT come on...it's riding gear.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #10
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I live near Hickory which is where they are HQ'd so I was able to ride up and try different pairs/styles on and walk out with them which is a good thing.

I have a pair of their utility jeans and also bought the knee/shin armor and have been happy with them.
The utility/cargo jeans are the way to go with Draggin Jeans. They look better and are much more comfortable to me.

I always buy a pair down at bikeweek. They usually have a tent set up and sell blems for $75. The jeans are absolutly fine. There might be an area where the stitching isn't in a straight line or something like that. It's nothing that compromises safety.

Z06, Check and see if they sell blems out of their HQ's. For the same thing, that can save quite abit of money.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote