Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-22-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I think I may have to dissagree with you, I have been tought that the ideal body position is to shift your weight to the side while keeping your spine in line with the centerline of the bike

but this pic is showing a rider with BOTH his lower and upper body off the bike, like shmike was saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Mick Doohan is on of the exceptions.

The textbook body position is to lead with the upper body, like in the first shot.

Look at pics of Ben Spies. Except for his famous "Elbowz", he has near perfect body position.

agreed

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:37 AM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
but this pic is showing a rider with BOTH his lower and upper body off the bike, like shmike was saying
The body position I was trying to describe for my bro was with his ass centered on the seat and his upper body hanging off
Old 03-22-2009, 03:06 AM   #3
The Awesome
Custom User Title

There is no ideal body position. The bottom line is you do what gets results in any given situation. There is no single magic pose that's the "right" way to ride a bike. The fact that guys like Doohan and Bayliss do what they do should end any debating.
The Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:36 AM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Awesome View Post
There is no ideal body position. The bottom line is you do what gets results in any given situation. There is no single magic pose that's the "right" way to ride a bike. The fact that guys like Doohan and Bayliss do what they do should end any debating.
Don't forget Mamola,yeesh talk about crazy body positioning.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #5
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Exactly. Learn the fundamentals/basics and adjust. I use my current style because I like where I am at because I can feel negative feedback and adjust. I've tried "kissing" my mirrors but that made me feel real vulnerable, in case I was to feel a tire slip or something. I move my upper and lower off but I don't put my head way down. I read many words on form and I've tried them all, but I just feel more comfortable with my own.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Truth.

Exhibit A:

Mike "The Bike" Hailwood- One of the faster motherfuckers of all time. Known for not leaning much, or dragging a knee.

JC