Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #81
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I'm finding it hard to figure out what you propose. Additional screening of anyone who "looks" Muslim? Sorry, that isn't going to fly (pun intended).

Hell, you don't even have proof that the Israelis are doing that kind of profiling, yet you're alluding to it as if they are and that therefore it's a great strategy.
Behavioral profiles....along with the profiling we're already doing with the no fly list and such. A series of encounters during the arrival to the airport and getting checked in process with professionals trained to study and understand body language. Shift our focus from EVERYONE WHO SETS FOOT IN THE AIRPORT to those who who exhibit the tell tale signs of nervousness.

He or she "looks" muslim has nothing to do with it.

He or she "looks unusually nervous to a trained eye" has EVERYTHING to do with it.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #82
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
He or she "looks" muslim has nothing to do with it.
or

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
It's not like recent history has made it difficult to isolate which segment of the flying public the bombers come from.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #83
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
You know what makes me sad? It's that people actually believe that posting their outrage via facebook or other similar medium is making a difference. That is their only involvement...
American Idol and "Whatever is popular at this moment reality TV" doesn't usually make mention of House of Representatives or the Senate or how to contact anyone in either of those bodies.

Most Americans could probably tell you who has "won" the latest season of Dancing with the Stars or American Idol but probably couldn't tell you who their House reps or Senators are.

What did Thomas Jefferson say? Something about a "If we're going to have a successful democratic society, we have to have a well educated and healthy citizenry?"

Yeah.....

Last edited by KSGregman; 11-19-2010 at 10:31 AM..
Old 11-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #84
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
or

The no fly list is created by analysis of the behaviors of certain people.....it's not difficult to determine what types of behaviors will result with showing up on that list. It's probably not difficult to determine the starting point for determining who might need to be on that list either.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #85
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Did you read all of it? They DO inspect you and your bags.
The "ad nauseum" was the key there. They don't go to the ridiculous lengths that the US does, nor is that their primary focus.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #86
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
You know what makes me sad? It's that people actually believe that posting their outrage via facebook or other similar medium is making a difference. That is their only involvement...
I, sadly, as I dearly miss my aging father, refuse to travel under current conditions.

As a resident, it's as far as my protestation can really take me.

For now, all I can do is vote with my wallet.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #87
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Humm...right here in my home area today...

Cancer surviving flight attendant told to remove prosthetic breast during pat-down

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 12:01 AM EST
Updated: Nov 19, 2010 10:13 AM EST

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A Charlotte-area flight attendant and cancer survivor contacted WBTV after she says she was forced to show her prosthetic breast during a pat-down.

Cathy Bossi lives in south Charlotte and has been a flight attendant for the past 32 years, working the past 28 for U.S. Airways.

In early August Bossie was walking through security when she says she was asked to go through the new full body-scanners at Concourse "D" at Charlotte Douglas International.

She reluctantly agreed. As a 3-year breast cancer survivor she says she didn't want the added radiation through her body. But, Bossi says she did agree.

"The T.S.A. Agent told me to put my I.D. on my back," she said. "When I got out of there she said because my I.D. was on my back, I had to go to a personal screening area."

She says two female Charlotte T.S.A. agents took her to a private room and began what she calls an aggressive pat down. She says they stopped when they got around to feeling her right breast… the one where she'd had surgery.

Pat-down Backlash: Child groped during pat-down? What are the rules?

"She put her full hand on my breast and said, 'What is this?'. And I said, 'It's my prosthesis because I've had breast cancer.' And she said, 'Well, you'll need to show me that'."

Cathy was asked to show her prosthetic breast, removing it from her bra.

"I did not take the name of the person at the time because it was just so horrific of an experience, I couldn't believe someone had done that to me. I'm a flight attendant. I was just trying to get to work."

Since then, Cathy has contacted the Legislative Affairs Team, a group through the flight attendant union. She says she wants to see a crackdown on these personal pat downs.

"There are blowers and there are dogs out there that can sniff out bombs," she says. "There's no reason to have somebody's hands touching your body parts."

A T.S.A. representative says agents aren't supposed to remove any prosthetics, but are allowed to ask to see and touch any passenger's prosthetic.

The T.S.A. says it will review this matter.

[/QUOTE]
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #88
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I, sadly, as I dearly miss my aging father, refuse to travel under current conditions.

As a resident, it's as far as my protestation can really take me.

For now, all I can do is vote with my wallet.
As closely tied to the government as the airlines are they'll still get your money via tax funded bailouts later on.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #89
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
This is how you can make a difference in this debate

http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml

Send this email to your representative

Recently Congressman Ron Paul has introduced a piece of legislation called the American Traveler Dignity Act. This is an important piece of legislation that will have an actual and positive impact on the lives of Americans. As a voting citizen in your district, I urge you to support this bill.