Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 08-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #41
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Nothing new in what they're doing. I do find it amazing that there doesn't appear to be a displacement limit in the rules AT ALL. Just a few lines about minimum weight.

365 lbs for an I4
375 lbs for a triple
385 lbs for a twin

So if Suzuki wanted to do something really wicked, they could bring out a new TLR with 1300cc or something and tear up everyone. Just have to sell a few units to the public. I didn't see any rules about quantity either. (looking at Daytona Sportbike rules)
Old 08-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #42
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Well the rules werent set in stone until almost February of this year and no one had time to plan, prep, or anything. In fact the Yosh Suzuki squad ran their 08 bikes until May as DMG claimed there were not enough examples of the 09 stateside to be purcahsed...Even though they were DOT & EPA approved, unlike the 1125RR which hasnt received approval to be sold as assembled but was allowed because it was based on the 1125 R that is...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #43
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Damn phone surfing and didnt see this page. The Ragin Cajun specials were for public consumption and not meant to be base package race bikes. I mean in the old days even the factory race specials did not have all the goodies that the actual factory teams had to install and use. The were race bikes with lights so the factories could take advantage of a loophole in the rules. DMG has made the loophole the rule and I hope we see an American Honda 'special' and a Kawaski 'special' to compete. Even with the elevated pricetag there would be an increase in grid sizes and Pegrams 1198R wouldnt be the only rich boy bike in the field...
Oh don't get me started on Pegram! If I were Ducati he wouldn't have a job! I mean they gave him a what? $100,000 WSBK bike to race with and he still has only managed a few wins.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #44
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Tigger! No one said he had talent! OK so he is faster than I but not by much. Such is the talent base of todays series.

Arkriders.com
Old 08-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Tigger! No one said he had talent! OK so he is faster than I but not by much. Such is the talent base of todays series.
Isn't that the truth?!? Did you hear him slamming on Mlladin and saying that "he has lost what little respect he had for him"... What a piece of work! Pegram has raced for over 20 years and has won 3 SBK races. Mlladin has raced in the U.S.for 14 years and has won 7 SBK CHAMPIONSHIPS... Yea why would you have any respect for that?
Old 08-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #46
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Talk about talkin out your ass. Mladin could bitch slap his ass if he was any way credible but everyone knows he is anever was...

Arkriders.com
Old 08-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #47
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Nothing new in what they're doing. I do find it amazing that there doesn't appear to be a displacement limit in the rules AT ALL. Just a few lines about minimum weight.

365 lbs for an I4
375 lbs for a triple
385 lbs for a twin

So if Suzuki wanted to do something really wicked, they could bring out a new TLR with 1300cc or something and tear up everyone. Just have to sell a few units to the public. I didn't see any rules about quantity either. (looking at Daytona Sportbike rules)
that balance makes no sense to me
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #48
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
that balance makes no sense to me
what PR missed is the horse power limit, I don't feel like looking it up but it goes the opposite direction...

I4-120 hp (for example)

Triple-140 hp

V2-160 hp

Something like that, it's supposed to be a certain hp/lb ratio but it's like they forgot about torque altogether...
Old 08-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #49
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
what PR missed is the horse power limit, I don't feel like looking it up but it goes the opposite direction...

I4-120 hp (for example)

Triple-140 hp

V2-160 hp

Something like that, it's supposed to be a certain hp/lb ratio but it's like they forgot about torque altogether...
ahh thats better. made zero sense the other way around
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #50
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Eslicks bike could take 6-8 bike lengths on the I4s at Topeka, And he was passing 3-4 bikes a lap after Q'fying 12th at VIR. Think it is safe to say the performance table is lopsided. And DMG wont publish their dyno results for either class?

Arkriders.com