Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #11
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I don't think it is a mexican thing, I think it is a homeslice thing.
Agreed.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Dude, tell the teacher or someone at school. That's fucked up shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #13
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #14
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I don't think it is a mexican thing, I think it is a homo thing.
+ 1

Talk to the teacher AND the principal ASAP
Old 10-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Kane take this as you will. from someone who has just completed the child in school hoop jumping.

I totally agree with teaching your son to fight. taught mine the same. he eventually was a pretty damn good wrestler for his schools. meantime however, realize that you are setting your child up to be a marked individual in school by the admin and teachers should he start defending himself.
he was jumped a number of times and defended himself (on video) he was stabbed in the back of the neck and defended himself etc. every one of those incidents led to him being punished, or picked out in school. it led to me being called, and other situations. the police were called on him once, only to have the officer tell him he handled the situation perfectly.
I only bring this up to warn you in advance of what's coming if you let him defend himself in school. they are supposed to run and tell and then get their ass kicked later for being a nark.
I was called a bad parent for not reprimanding him after he tussled with a child at school. what happened? he told a kid to stop pushing him. then told him to stop or he would swing, then told him he was serious, then he beat him up a little. it didn't get any better when I asked the principle if he would swing back if I knocked him down 3 or 4 times.

again I totally agree with you but the "supposedly better" way of dealing with it would be to talk to the teacher or admin at school. Just a warning of the consequences of him defending himself.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #16
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Yea, I fully understand all that Wildchild. We will deal with the consequences as they happen, but I'm firm on my son defending himself despite the punishments.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #17
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

They are 6 years old.
Its not a homo thing.

Its the result of natural curiosity absent of parental oversight.

At one point or another our parents told us to "put that thing away" or something along the lines of "your in public and it is not proper behavior to air at the goods or mess with some else's". You catch your kids playing "doctor" with their friends (preferably for the parents sake....friends of the opposite sex) you don't yell at em.
You get em all together and ask if any of them went to medical school.
When they say no, you tell em that until they have a license to practice medicine they are going to have (by that time...they start to lose focus and say things like "I have to go potty" or "Can we go color?")

Could be the case where these kids are just absent of any parenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #18
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
They are 6 years old.

Could be the case where these kids are just absent of any parenting.
yep...different culture completely where they pay little to no attention to children
Old 10-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #19
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Yea, I fully understand all that Wildchild. We will deal with the consequences as they happen, but I'm firm on my son defending himself despite the punishments.
totally agree
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
yep...different culture completely where they pay little to no attention to children
They barely pay attention to children in this culture.

Wonder what a lot of parents would do if you took away the television.

I personally love the parents who talk about how much work it is to raise a child when their kids are in day care most of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote