Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 06-07-2008, 01:21 AM   #21
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post

This picture is what it's all about BTW... Forget about my $9k bike in a heap, I'm ok, are you ok?
No.. hes still looking at the bike..

Good fuckin job man!
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored

Last edited by dubbs; 06-07-2008 at 01:24 AM..
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:16 AM   #22
p00kienrayray
dope fiend

Moto: JICKSIR SICKS HUNNERD

damn i hope the insurance would cover that. at least you were able to walk away from that. looked like you were flying.
p00kienrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:20 AM   #23
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Damn, glad you walked away, and you had the tank sliders so no ball of fire.

Shoulda jumped on that 848 in the background and finished out your day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Wait a second... were you recording... video would be solid on this one...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #25
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Thanks everyone... riders being cool to me has been a bright spot this week. I'm bumming pretty bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Damn man, I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope its still streetable. Do you have full coverage?
Yeah full coverage. Trying to work it out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
just kidding, hate to see shit like this happen, what class where you in? glad to see you are ok and the leathers did there job
I was running the intermediate group. I was running the high end of the group and was only getting passed by instructors that second day. I am not quite sure if I brake late enough and get on the gas hard enough post-apex to be running in the advanced group just yet, but I think I might try it next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of insurance companies will not cover "track use or race preparation."

Hope yours does CEO! I'm with Progressive, and they don't. Is that all mud on the frame, or did it get scuffed/bent?
Because no timing is allowed at these events it is considered an instructional/safety school. The insurance companies are bound to cover you there.

The frame is mostly dirty but I'll know more once it's cleaned off and GMD computrack measures it. My gut feeling is that everything is mostly straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
glad you are alright dude, sucks you couldnt be here.
I think I might be more bummed about that than the bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
I think he's already gotten a successfully claim put through from the last time... Not sure though..
No claims ever on the bike before... this will be the first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
Damn CEO, sorry to hear that it ruined your gap trip man. Good move to not run the lady down. Was she ok? Did she say anything to you about it? Apology or anything? I mean not that it was her fault neccessarily , but you know what I mean.
She was fine and her bike was fine

Yeah I know it wasn't her fault or anything... I would have expected her to be a little cooler to me afterwards in the garage than she was though. I went over a couple times to be like hey are you ok and wow your bike came out great. In her defense, I don't really think she understands what happened behind her there. I sort of told her what went down and she was just kinda like 'oh, i feel so bad about your bike'... but that was it. Oh well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Damn, dude, that fucking sucks. You need to get some track plastics, yo. Go tank sliders though. They really did save your shit.
Yeah... are you running tank sliders? I wouldn't ride a late model r6 over 15mph without em. Buy those shits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Just from the look of the rear end and the subframe exposed and seemingly banged up..I'd guess they're gonna total it. I'm no expert but I've seen so many bikes totalled out with way less damage than that.

I know you put a lot of mods into that, pretty sure you just put on rearsets, levers and handlebars last season right? If anything you learned you should be sticking to the more advanced track days I guess? Not that this type of thing couldn't have happened at a motogp event but seems less likely.
The bike is probably totaled but I think the engine/frame/forks/swingarm/subframe are mostly ok. I think I'm going to end up keeping it.

I didn't have rearsets, they might have helped here since my frame slider snapped off.

And yeah, I think I'll be bumping to advanced in the very near future.
Quote:
CEO... did the bike flip or hit something? I hate trying to tell what all's fucked up from pics like that........ Do you have a list? I'd try to get that bitch rideable and continue on with at least part of my plans...
The bike flipped at the very last moment and that's what squashed the can, but not much other damage is on the right side besides the lower fairing. I think the can squashing probably screwed up the exhaust flap valve too... looks like a full system is in order.

Coolant was leaking everywhere and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a hose... so I probably need a radiator or at least some radiator repair.

Footpeg, pretty much all of the plastics, new handlebar (thank you woodcraft clipons), pazzo slutch lever is scratched up but seems to work, barend, frame slider, headlight is completely toast... that may mean the fairing stay is done as well. There's probably more... but it's mostly cosmetic.
Quote:
This picture is what it's all about BTW... Forget about my $9k bike in a heap, I'm ok, are you ok?
That's Gino, one of the instructors, helping me get my shit together so we could clear the track. Great guy, a class act, and felt real bad for me. She was back by her bike getting it started so she could go ride it a more...

But yeah, my initial thing was to stand up and make sure my bike didn't plow into that girl, which was my main goal.

I found another photo kind of like what you're talking about... Although she seemed to be like "hey this is funy we crashed i hope that guy got photos!!!!" and I'm more like "FUCK THE WORLD"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00kienrayray View Post
looked like you were flying.
Probably doing about 75-80 coming out of the bowl hard on the gas at that point.
Quote:
Wait a second... were you recording... video would be solid on this one...
I'm pissed about this too... covered this a minute ago in the onboard camera thread:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
did you get video of the wreck?
No... and I'm really fucking pissed about it. I bet it would have been awesome.

Basically the recorder's rechargeable battery didn't quite last the entire first day.... so the second day I planned to recharge it during lunch. But then I decided I was going to leave a couple sessions early to get organized for my big trip, so I didn't bother recharging it. It died in the middle of the session in which the accident occurred. I'm fuckin' mad about it still. Would have been sick footage.

Last edited by ceo012384; 06-07-2008 at 02:51 PM..
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #26
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post

Thats a good pic. You look like you are trying HARD not to knock this broad out.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #27
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Yeah, still gotta get some sliders. Was that girl hot?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #28
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

that chick looks a little like a taller, thicker, Rae
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #29
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Thats a good pic. You look like you are trying HARD not to knock this broad out.
Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Yeah, still gotta get some sliders. Was that girl hot?
Not hot enough for my bike to look the way it does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
that chick looks a little like a taller, thicker, Rae
And older too
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:49 AM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Seriously.

Not hot enough for my bike to look the way it does.

And older too
You shoulda hate-fucked that bitch... Given her the finger-butt fish hook and punched her in the kidneys while wipin' nut in her ear...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote