Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 06-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #61
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Here is a good review from someones blog, it pretty much sums up everything that has been said here

http://dryohe.wordpress.com/2010/01/...vidson-xr1200/

Quote:
I think I can sum up my review of this bike as follows. The XR is a simple, basic, industrial motorcycle. It turns, it stops and it rides well. The fit and finish is awful. The tach and speedo look like they were found in the discount parts bin in the performance parts aisle of your local Auto Zone. The suspension? Forgettable. If you want to buy a bike that can give you the same experience as the XR1200 but with more performance and a better ride perhaps you should consider firing up your computer and searching Craigslist or E-Bay for a sweet 1985 Honda Nighthawk S. I find it to be amazing that a motorcycle designed and built in 2009/2010 can easily be blown off the road by a mid-level affordable rice burner circa 1985. You think that’s a load of hype? Let’s go to the numbers:

Old 06-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #62
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

To be fair, Cycle World's 1/4 mile time was 12.13, a full second quicker than Bike Magazine. And their 0-60 time was 3.9 seconds, compared to Bike's 4.34 sec. The weird thing is Bike's 90.1 HP compared to Cycle World's 79.2.

In Cycle World's report, they compared the XR1200 to Ducati's Sport Classic Sport 1000. Surprisingly, both bike were comparable. The Ducati's stiff suspension made it a killer in corners, but the highway ride was too stiff. They gave the nod to the Harley.

The short-travel (3 1/2 inch) rear shock was a problem on the XR. But that can be fixed. The high, wide handlebar on the XR made it easier to handle than the narrow, clubman-style clip-ons of the Ducati. Although the XR has more HP and Torque, the 130 pound weight difference made the Harley slower in the quarter.

But here's the clincher: "The Sportster's big-time midrange torque helps it to be an amazingly easy bike to hustle along a twisty road." That would be a selling point to me.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #63
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Instead of talking shit perhaps some of you tools should ride the bike, rather than rely on misconceptions and stereotypes.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #64
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Instead of talking shit perhaps some of you tools should ride the bike, rather than rely on misconceptions and stereotypes.
Says Shit Talker #1...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #65
derf
token jewboy

Can I be shit talker number 2?
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #66
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Sure can, honey.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #67
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Sure can, honey.
Thanks boo boo kitty fuck
Old 06-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #68
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

To be fair , Just because I Don't like the Power train doesn't mean that someone won't. To everyone who read my original. For god sakes go ride it if you are at all curious.
I like to ride motorcycle two that remain high on my list to try are a Ural with a Hack and a Royal Enfield
Old 06-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #69
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
To be fair , Just because I Don't like the Power train doesn't mean that someone won't. To everyone who read my original. For god sakes go ride it if you are at all curious.
I like to ride motorcycle two that remain high on my list to try are a Ural with a Hack and a Royal Enfield
Power wise HD had always disappointed me, really its the lack of power band, just when the bike starts to pick up it just falls flat on its face. The new vrod is good, but hasnt been widely adopted, if it would show up in touring and "sporty" type