Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 06-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Welcome (finally) to the Sena club! I listen to podcasts a lot when I'm riding. I've got the Motorola Razr but, I just use it for phone and use my ipod for music and podcasts. The wife really loves it since she can listen to music now when we ride and talk to me if she wants.
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Well the Sena can do that and always could. What I was surprised was the iPhone being able to bluetooth to more than one item.

I have heard good things about the new OiS 6.0, can't wait for that.
Android phones can do that too. I haven't had a smartphone that couldn't. Earlier versions of Sena's firmware couldn't do it though. It was an all or nothing thing with connecting to the phone. It got confused when you connected the phone to the gps and then to the sena.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #13
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I just got the phone paired up withthe sena

I feel like a tech geek now LOL I have an android OS on a samsung galaxy. I need ot get pandora on there so I can have music. I will tinker with it mor elater on and may make a train run with it when I go home tonight.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

How bad does wind noise interfere with your ability to hear the speakers in these things? Can you wear earplugs while you use them and not give up too much audio quality?
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
How bad does wind noise interfere with your ability to hear the speakers in these things? Can you wear earplugs while you use them and not give up too much audio quality?
I have can hear mine going 90mph and wear ear plugs, should work fine for you. LOL

This is when a good helmet makes a difference though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #16
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Quote:
The earplugs are what allow you to be able to hear the speakers. They dampen the wind noise. You probably would be deaf in a week if you listened without earplugs at full-volume! They are loud! There are certain songs I have that were recorded at a lower volume for some reason that can be a bit hard to hear but for the most part everything is great!
One really good thing about the Sena is each profile (phone, gps, music, intercomm) has its' own volume level. My phone is REALLY loud so, it gets turned down a bit and the volume stays where you set it and then when you go back to your music, it's at the volume you left it!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have can hear mine going 90mph and wear ear plugs, should work fine for you. LOL

This is when a good helmet makes a difference though.
I have a Shoei RF1000 (that I don't wear any more) and a Hornet (what I usually wear). The Hornet is quite a bit noisier than the RF1000.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #18
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I have a Shoei RF1000 (that I don't wear any more) and a Hornet (what I usually wear). The Hornet is quite a bit noisier than the RF1000.
I just mounted everything into my RF1000. Took a little doing and couldnt mount the speakers righ tover my ear canal due ot where the liners snap in, but just sitting around it sounds and feels prety good. I will give it a trial run tonight and tomorrow to see how it does at highway speeds.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #19
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

I definitely recommend setting up the volumes with earplugs in before mounting the bike. That way you won't run into the situation where you can't hear anything and have to fiddle with it while riding or you get blasted. Either way, ride in a safe place so you have less to deal with while getting it sorted-out! Good luck and be safe!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
new touring helmets come with speaker pockets. Schuberth does and it's awesome.
Good, because Schuberth is on my list. It sounds like a great helmet, from all you and others have said about it.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote