Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-22-2015, 10:24 PM   #11
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

We'll ride for you while you're caging it.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:08 PM   #12
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Are you going to sell what you have or store it?

Had a friend wreck on our wqy bavk from vacation and he's leaving the two wheel scene. Sucks.
Depends on the day. I want to keep it but I'm leaning toward selling it...

Nick, my almost-2-year-old walked over to me, put her arms up, and said "daddy" so I'd pick her up... Then she gave me a huge hug. I don't want to miss that stuff.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #13
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Depends on the day. I want to keep it but I'm leaning toward selling it...

Nick, my almost-2-year-old walked over to me, put her arms up, and said "daddy" so I'd pick her up... Then she gave me a huge hug. I don't want to miss that stuff.
Bikes need to be ridden. Especially a bike with over a decade + miles on it.
If you are not going to ride it, sell it to someone who will.

However, I will say again that switching to an early Sat-Sun schedule was one of the best things I ever did. I don't ride as much as I used to but I have much better rides now.
2hr rides with roads all to myself, only risks are my stupidity and suicidal Bambi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:08 AM   #14
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

I'm starting to do my homework on finding a second car to sell my bike towards now. Finally settling down as an adult with the girl and puppy, so with everything around the new house, I'm never on my bike anymore and the drivers around here are god awful. New plan is to find a toy car for when I do have time and have it paid off before a family starts.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:52 PM   #15
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I hear ya man. I keep thinking bagger, but with the minimal use my 1125 sees, I can't justify the cost of a new ride. With the little one around, my time is going to get less before it gets more, so who knows.

Looking more at putting the money into the Cutlass instead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #16
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

I sold my VFR a couple of months ago. I wasnt riding regularly. Ive never been the type to take frequent joy rides, I mostly used my bikes as transportation to work/school with the occasional joy ride sprinkled in. In my current situation riding to work is a big hassle and most of the year its either too hot and humid or cold for me to ride when I could take my comfortable car. Theres a couple weeks a year when the weather is perfect and thats when I usually feel the urge to wheel out my bike. But when I do theres always some problem that keeps be frm riding anyway to I just got tired of it and sold it.

That being said, Im planning to get a new bike. Theres a good chance ill be getting a new job in socal where weather wont be an issue anymore and Ill be near some of the best riding in America. Im planning to get a new BMW GS and do some touring out west. If I dont get the job I might get the bike anyway to make myself feel better.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #17
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Between the boys Track meets and helping a friend train for a 1/2 marathon and work my bike has been sitting way more than I'd like. I haven't even gotten it inspected yet.

Definitely looking at a low mileage year. At least I have a couple of newly paved roads to play on this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:25 AM   #18
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

particle don't take it the wrong way, just a different look on things.

if you get out of cycling, enjoy your next passion. you'll be back. LOL sometimes you have to step away for a bit to understand how much or even if you really enjoy something.

I never understood the whole I have kids now thing myself. my son started riding on my dirtbike with me when he was 1 1/2 and on street at 4. it was just the way I raised him, and the way I was raised. biking brought us closer, it was the "thing" we share. as he aged he rode dirt, than got a street bike. etc. now days he and his girlfriend have a kid, he he he just waiting to find a little 50 that I can sneak home so he has something to do when they come visit. he is after all 3 already. LOL son's girlfriend understands that if the kid comes by me, he will be on bikes and she is cool with that.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
particle don't take it the wrong way, just a different look on things.

if you get out of cycling, enjoy your next passion. you'll be back. LOL sometimes you have to step away for a bit to understand how much or even if you really enjoy something.

I never understood the whole I have kids now thing myself. my son started riding on my dirtbike with me when he was 1 1/2 and on street at 4. it was just the way I raised him, and the way I was raised. biking brought us closer, it was the "thing" we share. as he aged he rode dirt, than got a street bike. etc. now days he and his girlfriend have a kid, he he he just waiting to find a little 50 that I can sneak home so he has something to do when they come visit. he is after all 3 already. LOL son's girlfriend understands that if the kid comes by me, he will be on bikes and she is cool with that.

Everyone just has different priorities. There is a lot of things to do out there. Bikes have just taken a back seat on some of the other things I want to do in life. For me, it's not that I am scared to get on a bike and not come home to my kid. I have dialed down my stupid on bikes a good bit. It's that I rather do other things first with the limited time I have free from an 8 month old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #20
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Between the boys Track meets and helping a friend train for a 1/2 marathon and work my bike has been sitting way more than I'd like. I haven't even gotten it inspected yet.

Definitely looking at a low mileage year. At least I have a couple of newly paved roads to play on this year.
LOL....My Buell hasn't been inspected in 5 years.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote