Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #121
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I'm sorry, what?

I made the decision. I don't regret it. But, I am most certainly haunted by it. It was the absolute right decision, there is no doubt in my mind. BUT, I remember it like it was yesterday. The same goes for each woman I have talked to that has been through it.

It isn't as though I would break down in tears over it when it's brought up. But, it's something I went through that was VERY traumatic. Both physically [I distinctly remember being told to not scream], and emotionally [cried for a week].

Anyone that tells you they simply moved on is not telling you the whole truth.

Perhaps for each person its a bit different?
Can we just leave it at that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #122
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Nose jobs are for the most part stupid and unneccessary (as is a lot of plastic surgery),
For Sarah Jessica Parker it would definitely be an improvement
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #123
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
I'm not saying it's not traumatic for some women, or something that will haunt them. That wasn't my point.

My point was that the popular view put out there is that it's traumatic for every woman and every woman will regret it. It just isn't the case.
True 'nuff
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #124
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
For Sarah Jessica Parker it would definitely be an improvement
Having seen her in person over the years, there isn't anything wrong with her nose. The problem is her face has lots of wear and tear from smoking and being extremely thin makes it more pronounced.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 04-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #125
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'm not saying it's not traumatic for some women, or something that will haunt them. That wasn't my point.

My point was that the popular view put out there is that it's traumatic for every woman and every woman will regret it. It just isn't the case.
I don't understand why you are discussing this in the third person... Do you regret having an abortion or have you moved on?

I had a GF in high school that went off and had an abortion behind my back, it tainted all later relationships. At the time I was a VERY devote Catholic and had to be TALKED into having sex in the first place (true story). Her father was a MISSIONARY, go figure, and her Aunt snuck her off to do the deed. I never forgave her and have thought about that child on the occasions when I see other people with children. It honestly helped convince me to get fixed at the ripe old age of 24... I never want to allow someone else the ability to choose whether or not my child gets to live. NEVER.

On the other hand, I really couldn't care less how many other children are aborted as long as I don't have to pay for it. I understand that I'm paying for welfare but I guess that I'd rather pay for them to live than pay for them to die....

Anyway, I don't agree that women that were raped should have to put up with any more trauma, although I understand that if rape victims were let off the hook, wouldn't all abortion candidates claim rape? I guess they would have to prove it or have a case out or something.... I despise rapists, molester, etc and think they should be castrated!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #126
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
and had to be TALKED into having sex in the first place (true story).

Quote:

Last edited by pauldun170; 04-30-2010 at 10:02 PM..
Old 04-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #127
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I guess... I really wanted to be a better person than the rest of my family and tried really hard to do so. I obviously didn't succeed, the nut really doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess. Heck, I even considered the priesthood at one point but I fell into a "bad crowd", my Dad died, and I went nuts! Total goody two shoes to complete stoner, burn out in just a few months!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #128
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
I don't understand why you are discussing this in the third person... Do you regret having an abortion or have you moved on?
I was specifically referring to an article I read last week about the emotional impact of abortions.

I do not regret.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #129
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I was specifically referring to an article I read last week about the emotional impact of abortions.

I do not regret.
Fair enough...
Old 05-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #130
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
I guess... I really wanted to be a better person than the rest of my family and tried really hard to do so. I obviously didn't succeed, the nut really doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess. Heck, I even considered the priesthood at one point but I fell into a "bad crowd", my Dad died, and I went nuts! Total goody two shoes to complete stoner, burn out in just a few months!!!
Uhhh...I'm pretty sure the Priesthood is the bad crowd.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote