Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 12-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #31
speedylocksmith
Much better off!!

Moto: 05 1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
In defense of the cobalt; it is a pretty damn succesful road racing car. Class championships in grand am cup and showroom stock c at the SCCA runoffs.
about the only thing from that car that is on the street is the frame
speedylocksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #32
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
Mark and I went to this huge Corvette get together in Kentucky a few years back...
Of all the places I've been, I still haven't gone to Bowling Green! One of these days!

Although, I don't think I can ride my motorcycle there in good conscience. Something about a little red Corvette in my garage that thinks she needs to go instead speaks to me.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #33
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
In defense of the cobalt; it is a pretty damn succesful road racing car. Class championships in grand am cup and showroom stock c at the SCCA runoffs.
I still give it the
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Of all the places I've been, I still haven't gone to Bowling Green! One of these days!

Although, I don't think I can ride my motorcycle there in good conscience. Something about a little red Corvette in my garage that thinks she needs to go instead speaks to me.
I believe the plant is closed temporarily.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...-to-close.html
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:29 PM   #34
byron12
cookie head

Moto: I now have cheap chinese pocket bike and a free non running kawasaki cruiser.

actually the car has been succesful in showroom stock racing with minimal modiications beyond safety equipment. Of course having john hienricy behind the wheel helps. I am no chevy fanboi as an owner of mostly hondas and toyotas but the cobalt is alot better than the crapalier and is not really that bad of a car IMHO.
byron12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #35
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Drove right past the museum twice today. Just 100 miles from my house.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #36
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Rented an H3 today. Drove it for 400 miles. It was new (731 miles on the clock). It appeared fairly quiet (for a shoebox with portholes). Visibility SUCKED! I looked to see if there was an 18 wheeler, but otherwise I just had to say "screw it" and pull over into lanes. There is no reason to make a car with windows this small. The styling guys should be kicked in the dick. The other thing I hated was that because of the way the windows are set and because they are flat, water coming off the street pooled and dried on the window making seeing out the driver's or passenger's windows impossible. In the end, I couldn't even see the mirrors. The rear window might as well have been nonexistent. It had a temp tag on the rear window. There was approximately the surface viewing area of a notebook around the temp tag.

The engine was the IL5 and it was completely gutless for acceleration, but it cruised well. It was pretty good on gas. The transmission was rough. It needed another gear.

The seats were comfortable, but the window sill was WAY too high. I like to drive with my left arm resting on the sill, elbow against the window. That would have put my elbow above my shoulder with no way to raise the seat to compensate.

It appeared to be put together well. I'd recommend the Canyon at 2/3 the price.

--Erik Buell

Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 AM   #37
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I had one of those too. Slow, got blown around by the wind, and the suspension crab-legged over bumps. Throttle spring too stiff. Decent interior though. I actually liked the windows because when you rolled them up they clunked into place real solid because they're so square. Also the shifter was beef.

Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:34 AM   #38
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Also the shifter was beef.

No kidding. The shifter lever handle was like 9" wide and the size of a pork loin.

What hamfisted cromag is THAT designed for?

--Erik Buell

Old 12-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #39
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

I rent every time I travel and usually through THRIFTY for their excellent rates....the down side is, all they rent are Chrysler's, not something I am a fan of in any way shape or form but who cares, I don't have to own them.

In PDX I have had the Dodge Magnum....it was a 6 and comfortable but seemed to have more plastic than anything.

In SLC I had a Dodge Stratus. Low on power but delivered great MPG

In PHX I had a Caliber...slow, plastic and junk filled.

In SAN over Thanksgiving I took the Sebring Convertible, fun to drive top down, blind spots from Hell top up, not too thirsty and ZERO trunk space..... but a great beach cruiser. 8 Days, $125 total! the deal of the week.

In Key West I drove home a 2008 Crossfire SRT-6. This was a lot of fun under acceleration, way more power than I had anticipated and I was sad to see her go for that alone. There were MAJOR blind spots, it barely seated two people, almost zero luggage capacity, the control layout was a mess but again, it was a blast to drive.

Bottom line in all new Chrysler's to me are rental cars...they are laden with boring plastic interiors, made with inferior parts and never last to the warranty. I drove one off the rental lot with very few miles on it and there was smoke coming from the tail pipe under acceleration as well as deceleration...bad rings and valve train with under 5K miles on the clock.

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:19 AM   #40
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

im thinkin about renting a car and going racing...100bucks entry fee, 3000 to win, 1500 r/u....
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote