Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #301
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I am so heartbroken for you. I still miss my Sadie, girl. She was my world, as I'm sure Brinks was to you. Big hugs to both of you.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #302
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

I feel your pain. We put our Akita down three weeks ago, and I'm still not over it. He was 15, old for an Akita. I got him from the shelter 14 years ago. I think they can sense it when you save them. He had a black face in his youth, but it turned gray. I'd like to get another dog, but if he lives to 15, I'd be close to 80 when I would have to put him to sleep. My heart couldn't take that again.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #303
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
I feel your pain. We put our Akita down three weeks ago, and I'm still not over it. He was 15, old for an Akita. I got him from the shelter 14 years ago. I think they can sense it when you save them. He had a black face in his youth, but it turned gray. I'd like to get another dog, but if he lives to 15, I'd be close to 80 when I would have to put him to sleep. My heart couldn't take that again.
Rescue an older dog. They could use a loving home, but also means you would spend less time with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #304
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Sorry to hear the news, Gas. Poor guy didn't live nearly long enough.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #305
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

That hurts just to think about. So sorry Chris....

We had a golden go due to cancer everywhere. We got back from a vacation and my friend who had been watching said she had been acting weird, almost being non-responsive. She wouldn't even look at us, she just stared blankly at the ceiling. The cancer was in her bones, in her stomach/intestines, and had spread to her brain. Occasionally she would stumble outside and lay in the grass, but she would be there for 5-6 hours before she could muster the strength to stand back up and struggle back to the garage. One day she couldn't stand back up. We had to pick her up to get her to the garage. She was put down the next morning. Hard moment, so I get that feeling in my stomach...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #306
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

:/ Sorry, man. That really is way too soon. At least he had a loving home for those short years. I'm tired of seeing all these strays running around here from people that just don't give a damn.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #307
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Damn man, really sorry to hear this. I wish I could have met him, he was such a beautiful animal and by all accounts I've read, the sweetest dog on the planet. RIP Brinks.
He was, and you truly missed out. I'm sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Sorry to hear about Brinks. You made the correct choice but it really hurts.

At least you had an idea it was coming ( it still succks thought). We lost Mochi, our greater swiss mounatin dog the friday before thansgiving to gastric torsion. Doing OK to literally dying in my arms in a couple hours.

When the time is right, get another dog. Nobody but you will know when it's the right time.

We got another gsmd puppy ( Levi ) almost two weeks ago. He's not a replacement for my buddy, just a chance at another good four legged friend.

Sorry Chris

Jeff

excuse me, I have something in my eye .......
Thanks Jeff, but we didn't know. I took him there for a cough and figured pneumonia or bronchitis and he'd get a pill and/or shot and go home with me. Or in my mind, worse case a super expensive surgery and a week stay then back home good as new. I was at the vet's for over 4 hours first 3 by myself reporting to the wife over the phone. Not how I saw my day going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
Sorry to hear the news, Gas. Poor guy didn't live nearly long enough.
Not even close... we didn't even get half of what we should have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
That hurts just to think about. So sorry Chris....

We had a golden go due to cancer everywhere. We got back from a vacation and my friend who had been watching said she had been acting weird, almost being non-responsive. She wouldn't even look at us, she just stared blankly at the ceiling. The cancer was in her bones, in her stomach/intestines, and had spread to her brain. Occasionally she would stumble outside and lay in the grass, but she would be there for 5-6 hours before she could muster the strength to stand back up and struggle back to the garage. One day she couldn't stand back up. We had to pick her up to get her to the garage. She was put down the next morning. Hard moment, so I get that feeling in my stomach...
I've done the cancer stuff, intestinal, and bone. I feel bad for you. Brinks was fine (actually probably not) when we went on vacay. Got the cough a week after we got back and all down hill after...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #308
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Jeeps wife Pam made this for us

Brinks is back home with a paw print from when he was about 7 weeks old, his oldest surviving toy bone, and a paw print just before we lost him. RIP Brinks, you honored me with being your dad.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #309
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

The difference in paw prints is ridiculous. RIP Brinks.

So sad to hear...He was a gorgeous pup.

I lost my Golden to cancer, and my girl lost her Akita to the Marley and Me stomach turning disease. Def never easy.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #310
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Didn't realize it happened that quick Chris. Still not any easier even if you would know in advance. Nice work by Jeeps' wife Pam.

We have a paw print of Mochi that the vet did after he passed. Mochi's on the fireplace mantle with a couple of pics.
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote