Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
playtowinthegame
Trailer Queen

Moto: 2001 yzf-600
Default opinions on mechanical issue

01 yzf 600

i had my rear tire replaced at a polaris dealership on march 2nd. on march 29th, i was on my way to work. coming to a stop light, i noticed my oil light come on, then it disappeared almost as fast as it came on. 2 seconds later it stayed on for good. im thinking"i need an oil change soon". when i go to down shift, i press the clutch, and to my surprise, i have no clutch pressure. i stall the bike at the traffic light. notice fluid on the ground. its oil.

i call tow. tow it to the other bike shop in town, cuz polaris is too expensive for their labor. they tell me the chain was too loose, hit the clutch push rod, broke that, the clutch cover gasket, and the clutch push rod seal.

called polaris to explain their problem. they said the chain loosened by itself. they said the sprocket either had a rounded tooth and it jumped, or the chain just stretched itself. i doubt this. they also said when you take the tire off, the tire goes back by default where it was before.

but the 2nd cheaper shop, where the bike is at now, said it was put on too loose. is it possible that the chain became loose in just 27 days of riding??

guys does this all make sense?? dont u believe polaris is at fault here??
playtowinthegame is offline   Reply With Quote