LOL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWoXJIe0prU
Old 05-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #32
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
101. It saddens me to be at the point I am with gm. Especially when I have 2 retired family members from there. So no, camaro isn't an option. ...
Why the sudden change? Are you trying to get GM to buy your car back? Also, you did buy a Trailblazer and a Cobalt (HHR), not the top of the line GM products. lol

I've owned a 2008 STS Caddy, which was my fav. vehicle of all the vehicles I've owned. The powertrain, smoothness and quietness was just done right. Japan just doesn't have the feel that the bigger American cars do on the freeway.

I think the Genesis looks like a Altima copy with a bad rear side window layout. The interior is only OK. I know three guys that work for Hyundai in Irvine...they tell me Hyundai really only cares about how the car looks...quality is a distant second. They also don't understand how cars even get to market as the Koreans are a strange bunch.

If you are worried about reliability, get a Honda with a manual transmission such as an Accord.

The Mazda 3 IMO has too underassisted steering. VW seems to be the best in terms of steering, braking and chassis. I'd say get a GTI and an ext. warranty.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 05-15-2011 at 01:58 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #33
fujimoh
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR 1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Fuck new... Take your 30 g's and buy an old, restored muscle car.

You can into a lotus or ferrari for 30K
fujimoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #34
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I agree, get a GTI. Best interior of anything on your list. And German cars own on the highway. Most Jap and American cars lose their composure when you try to make a quick lane change at high speed.

Fords & Mazda styling is only good for twenty-somethings. Aren't you older? They're kind of metrosexual anyway. The RX8 is nice, it has a true sportscar chassis, but it's kind of expensive and has absolutely horrible fuel economy. You'd be lucky to average 20 mpg.

The Genesis coupe is a disappointment. The V6 version is too heavy, and the turbo I4 version doesn't have the balance shafts that the new Sonata has.

Altima coupe is for chicks and metros who think the 2-door version is somehow better-looking than the 4-door, but sorry it's still not a sportscar. Sportscar = a car that does not share its chassis with a sedan.

370Z would actually be the best choice in terms of pure sportscar.........But as you stated, it's only a 2-seater.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-14-2011 at 08:39 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #35
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
is that still the turbo 5 cylinder? might be worth waiting for. volvo c30 is basically the same thing though, thats a fun little car too, 5 bangers have this amazing intake wail
I don't know about a 5 cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Why the sudden change? Are you trying to get GM to buy your back? Also, you did buy a Trailblazer and a Cobalt (HHR), not the top of the line GM products. lol

I've owned a 2008 STS Caddy, which was my fav. vehicle of all the vehicles I've owned. The powertrain, smoothness and quietness was just done right. Japan just doesn't have the feel that the bigger American cars do on the freeway.

I think the Genesis looks like a Altima copy with a bad rear side window layout. The interior is only OK. I know three guys that work for Hyundai in Irvine...they tell me Hyundai really only cares about how the car looks...quality is a distant second. They also don't understand how cars even get to market as the Koreans are a strange bunch.

If you are worried about reliability, get a Honda with a manual transmission such as an Accord.

The Mazda 3 IMO has too underassisted steering. VW seems to be the best in terms of steering, braking and chassis. I'd say get a GTI and an ext. warranty.
Ok, sure I bought a HHRSS, it being where ever it is on the GM pecking list doesn't negate it's reliability or not.

A Caddy is a caddy. Nuff said and not in my playing field.

I agree that the Genesis and the Altima coupe being sisters. I looked at the Altima coupe today and it's simply not for me. It did nothing for me in the looks department. So much so that I never even drove it. Further as I said, I won't get the Hyaundi. Japan is one thing, Korean is another. I'll draw my line at Japan.

The Speed 3 is fine but still "not there". Which completes any Mazda from my consideration. Sorry Mazda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I agree, get a GTI. Best interior of anything on your list. And German cars own on the highway. Most Jap and American cars lose their composure when you try to make a quick lane change at high speed.

Fords & Mazda styling is only good for twenty-somethings. Aren't you older? They're kind of metrosexual anyway. The RX8 is nice, it has a true sportscar chassis, but it's kind of expensive and has absolutely horrible fuel economy. You'd be lucky to average 20 mpg.

The Genesis coupe is a disappointment. The V6 version is too heavy, and the turbo I4 version doesn't have the balance shafts that the new Sonata has.

Altima coupe is for chicks and metros who think the 2-door version is somehow better-looking than the 4-door, but sorry it's still not a sportscar. Sportscar = a car that does not share its chassis with a sedan.

370Z would actually be the best choice in terms of pure sportscar.........But as you stated, it's only a 2-seater.
I'm 32, Tuesday, but don't consider Ford or Mazda for 20 somin age.

100% correct on the RX8 chassis. It's awesome! Yes shit MPG, but so was most of what I was looking at.

As I said... Genesis is out entirely. I wouldn't be able to look at myself owning that. Altima... yeah I can agree with you on that.

I agree on the German cars. A buddy had a BMW years ago and loved it. 250hp was spanking 350hp mustangs. Beat the piss out of it for 3 years and it was as good after as it was new. I've always respected German cars and Hondas. Just weren't in my cup.

As I said I was going to the VW dealer today. They didn't have the GTI. I will need to go to a different dealer for that. However, I found the car for me... as long as I like the GTI.

The new 2012 Golf R. 50 more hp making it to 256hp, 6 speed manual (only offering YEA), and AWD. 2 door or 4 door (2 door for me). Dealer is figuring it to price out around upper 20's, or maybe $30k fully loaded to the gills. It also offers all the great creature comforts and that beloved german interior of quality.

That's where I stand now. Going to try to get out this week to test drive a GTI. Then once my standing on my GM vehicle is one way or the other. Perhaps order or pre-order the Golf R. Who ever says anything bad about a Golf or GTI?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:56 AM   #36
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimoh View Post
You can into a lotus or ferrari for 30K
ferrari...no. not even close. you might get in the door on someone who is desperate with a 40 year old 308 but parts and service will eat you alive.

lotus, might find an elise down there. esprits are to be avoided as the use a renault box truck transmission that is notoriously weak and long out of production. theres potential there, that yamaha designed v8 could be seriously nasty if mated to a porsche gearbox but that kinda fab will easily double your cost.

only real option in that range is an nsx. and you will get raped on insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

balance shafts are for faggots

german cars blow dicks for reliability. most fun thing about em is trying to guess whats going to fall off next. *

*i cant speak for mercedes, never tried one. the rest of them though suck balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I don't know about a 5 cylinder

Ok, sure I bought a HHRSS, it being where ever it is on the GM pecking list doesn't negate it's reliability or not.

A Caddy is a caddy. Nuff said and not in my playing field.

I agree that the Genesis and the Altima coupe being sisters. I looked at the Altima coupe today and it's simply not for me. It did nothing for me in the looks department. So much so that I never even drove it. Further as I said, I won't get the Hyaundi. Japan is one thing, Korean is another. I'll draw my line at Japan.

The Speed 3 is fine but still "not there". Which completes any Mazda from my consideration. Sorry Mazda.

I'm 32, Tuesday, but don't consider Ford or Mazda for 20 somin age.

100% correct on the RX8 chassis. It's awesome! Yes shit MPG, but so was most of what I was looking at.

As I said... Genesis is out entirely. I wouldn't be able to look at myself owning that. Altima... yeah I can agree with you on that.

I agree on the German cars. A buddy had a BMW years ago and loved it. 250hp was spanking 350hp mustangs. Beat the piss out of it for 3 years and it was as good after as it was new. I've always respected German cars and Hondas. Just weren't in my cup.

As I said I was going to the VW dealer today. They didn't have the GTI. I will need to go to a different dealer for that. However, I found the car for me... as long as I like the GTI.

The new 2012 Golf R. 50 more hp making it to 256hp, 6 speed manual (only offering YEA), and AWD. 2 door or 4 door (2 door for me). Dealer is figuring it to price out around upper 20's, or maybe $30k fully loaded to the gills. It also offers all the great creature comforts and that beloved german interior of quality.

That's where I stand now. Going to try to get out this week to test drive a GTI. Then once my standing on my GM vehicle is one way or the other. Perhaps order or pre-order the Golf R. Who ever says anything bad about a Golf or GTI?
me vw is the apple of cars. I'll leave it at that
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:12 AM   #37
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
.....german cars blow dicks for reliability. most fun thing about em is trying to guess whats going to fall off next. ...
Eh...you're living in the past. VW reliablity is almost as good as Toyota nowadays. 5 years ago..no...but in 2008 and higher..yes.

BMW makes the most reliable European car, but the MB engines are built to last longer. Transmissions are pretty much a wash. Germans give you consistently good build materials, Japan cheapens out every year.

The 2010 Golf I have walks any Japanese car in terms of material quality and solidity. They don't even come close...and the steering, chassis and braking are far better than any car in it's price range (I leased mine, but the price was 16,100). Not to mention the interior rocks and feels like its going to last 50 years. No issues yet, but its only a year old with 13k miles.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 05-15-2011 at 02:34 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:03 AM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Eh...your living in the past. VW reliablity is almost as good as Toyota nowadays. 5 years ago..no...but in 2008 and higher..yes.

BMW makes the most reliable European car, but the MB engines are built to last longer. Transmissions are pretty much a wash. Germans give you consistently good build materials, Japan cheapens out every year.

The 2010 Golf I have walks any Japanese car in terms of material quality and solidity. They don't even come close...and the steering, chassis and braking are far better than any car in it's price range (I leased mine, but the price was 16,100). Not to mention the interior rocks and feels like its going to last 50 years. No issues yet, but its only a year old with 13k miles.
we had parts literally falling off the motors on our fleet bmws before they got binned. our audis have what could only be kindly referred to as an oil addiction and toyota makes some amazingly boneheaded designs. like for example the prius gas bladder and the fuel guess gauge. never drove one i actually liked
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #39
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
is that still the turbo 5 cylinder? might be worth waiting for. volvo c30 is basically the same thing though, thats a fun little car too, 5 bangers have this amazing intake wail
They use a different motor now
Old 05-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #40
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
ferrari...no. not even close. you might get in the door on someone who is desperate with a 40 year old 308 but parts and service will eat you alive.

You can find a mid 80s Mondial for less than 20k easily, and find an old seven, elise, spirt, and even the post 2002 US imported elises are staring to hit the sub 20k range.

Quote:
we had parts literally falling off the motors on our fleet bmws before they got binned. our audis have what could only be kindly referred to as an oil addiction and toyota makes some amazingly boneheaded designs. like for example the prius gas bladder and the fuel guess gauge. never drove one i actually liked
You are talking about basically a rental fleet, people abuse those cars worse than anything else, I give your opinion no consideration whatsoever.