Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 11-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I may have to check these out when I decide to buy a new lid. Probably need one next summer, but will have to wait and see how the finances are at that time.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Got to use it at all?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Got to use it at all?
Yeah, I love it. The main thing I need to change is what they do on the euro models. They have a piece of velcro on the chin straps to keep them from coming apart an letting the ratchet rub your neck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #14
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Cool.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #15
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT
Default Bumpity bump

Ok so I'm actively on the hunt for a new lid. Figured this would be just as well to bump an existing thread.

Schuberth C3 is at the top of the list. There's the Multitec, Scorpion, Nolan, etc. out there, but the Schuberth...

Trip, Ebbs, Papa Complex, I know y'all have Schuberths, so what's the long term concensus?

I'm especially interested in Ebbs' experience this last week with the cold weather performance of the lid. I think he did a little bit of sub 50 temp riding. LOL.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #16
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I love mine. Only mod I like is an easy one that the international version already has, a piece of velcro to hold cloth over the strap, so it doesn't rub your neck. I've done 20's and 30's in mine and it has been fine. The cold weather performance is excellent.

The fit is a little weird, so maybe you need to take a trip out here and come try one on at dual sport touring.

The multitec has been phased out, shoei has a new version that looks like a complete schuberth ripoff.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #17
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Trp, how is it with your comm system? Quiet enough that you can hear well?

I was looking at the website this morning and saw the SRC bluetooth system, but it's pricey, and I already have a Cardo Scale Q2.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #18
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Stay away from the HJC line, I have the IS max, their mid-grade lid. It doesnt really impress me at all. It works so I'm not getting rid of it yet, but it sucks at flowing air
Old 02-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Trp, how is it with your comm system? Quiet enough that you can hear well?

I was looking at the website this morning and saw the SRC bluetooth system, but it's pricey, and I already have a Cardo Scale Q2.
It's a lot more quiet than my Shoei Hornet and on par with my shoei X-11. It's very quiet for a modular.

I wish the SRC bluetooth system was Sena, but unfortunately it's Scala. The Sena has to mount little too far back because of the flip up dark visor mechanism, but it still reaches barely. It would work better with the other mic setup that Sena offers at an additional cost.

The venting on this lid is unbelievable for a two vent system. It works freakin amazing.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #20
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I love mine. Only mod I like is an easy one that the international version already has, a piece of velcro to hold cloth over the strap, so it doesn't rub your neck. I've done 20's and 30's in mine and it has been fine. The cold weather performance is excellent.

The fit is a little weird, so maybe you need to take a trip out here and come try one on at dual sport touring.

The multitec has been phased out, shoei has a new version that looks like a complete schuberth ripoff.
LOVE mine... here's the +/-'s
+makes photography, communication easy... though this is just a general Modular helmet +
+relatively quiet... though haven't warn it on the DRZ so I don't know what's the helmet and what's the windscreen.
+WARM when closed... flows very little air when the vents are closed... even the coldest days my face never got cold.
+vents open flow massive amounts of air(still had the flap blocking the inside of the top vent and still felt it cool. gonna love it in the MS Winter.
+ease of use. the one button open is nice... and well designed for use with gloves.. especially nice when your hands are frozen and can't pinch two buttons like a few of the Nolans I've seen.
+Visor has nice detents to keep it open at various levels, and has a nice solid clip in the center to make sure it stays sealed.
+Sun-visor is perfect for me... not too dark... not too light... a common issue with them I've read.
+Chin curtain wraps tight around your neck so less wind noise comes from under the helmet.
+winter insert in the chin reduces area exposed to the Sub-zero temps when riding... and works well.
+Pin-lock works well when not getting snowed on
+detents for speakers in the liner

now the Neg
- Pin-lock doesn't work at all when snow or ice gets on the visor.
- chin area has to be held down as I lower the front or it hits the front of my chin and won't secure...
- sun visor control forces Sena to be mounted further back... not a big issue since I have the remote mount mic.

all of my Neg are minor issues. This is a phenomenal helmet... and on this trip... I was GLAD I payed $700 for it. it really exceeded expectation for me.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote