Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Okay, of course I'm going to take the opposing view for the sake of argument...

These sandals are not being marketed to sport bike riders. Hell, they're not even being marketed to ANYONE living in this country. They are being marketed to people in countries riding bikes barely larger than mopeds in 100+ degree heat with 90% humidity. If I was riding a Honda 125cc, 3 speed around New Delhi, sitting in traffic and doing maybe 20mph when I did move, these babies would be the cat's ass!!! When they start selling them in the Parts Unlimited catalog, I'll join you in "righteous indignation" but until then, who cares?

Are you being serious? Who fucking cares who they are marketed towards. They are silly, better yet, retarded.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #12
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Are you being serious? Who fucking cares who they are marketed towards. They are silly, better yet, retarded.
I'm sure he was.

I was.

They are marketed toward the rider below.

If you think you'll see him in a pair of Sidi's anytime soon, you are silly, better yet, nevermind.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #13
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I'm sure he was.

I was.

If you think you'll see him in a pair of Sidi's anytime soon, you are silly, better yet, nevermind.

And you're damn near on a level with Tigger.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Are being serious? Who fucking cares who they are marketed towards. They are silly, better yet, retarded.
I think you have to look at the starting point... most of these people are riding bare foot or in flip flops now. This is an improvement.

Okay, most guys that ride choppers/Harleys where "skull cap" helmets, right? What if I could develop a oh, 3/4 helmet that they would wear? Of course you full face helmet guys would still exclaim that they are junk and won't save your face in a crash... BUT if I could show that they are 300% more impact resistant than a skull cap and the guys would wear them. Isn't that an improvement?

Dude, there is no way you're going to get a guy in India to wear a pair of $400 A* boots on his Honda Super Cub. I'll say it again, anything is better than nothing! Heck, maybe we can get them to tape a couple sandwiches to their knees while we're at it...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #15
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
I think you have to look at the starting point... most of these people are riding bare foot or in flip flops now. This is an improvement.

Okay, most guys that ride choppers/Harleys where "skull cap" helmets, right? What if I could develop a oh, 3/4 helmet that they would wear? Of course you full face helmet guys would still exclaim that they are junk and won't save your face in a crash... BUT if I could show that they are 300% more impact resistant than a skull cap and the guys would wear them. Isn't that an improvement?

Dude, there is no way you're going to get a guy in India to wear a pair of $400 A* boots on his Honda Super Cub. I'll say it again, anything is better than nothing! Heck, maybe we can get them to tape a couple sandwiches to their knees while we're at it...
Good idea, then they can grab a bite if they get hungry.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #16
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Those rape condoms sold in Africa don't serve a purpose since a north American wouldn't wear them?

What about 80 dollar helmets? They're not as good as an arai. Do they serve a purpose?

I posed the same argument shmike did on the old site. They're not aimed at you or me. They're aimed at somebody who is going to wear sandals regardless.

Advertising a pair of decent riding boots there would be like advertising a lambo. You sure as hell aren't going to sell one any time soon.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I'm sure he was.

I was.

I am, I totally stated that I was taking the opposing view for the sake of argument... On the other hand, a smart manufacturer markets to his demographic and in this case Bata are geniuses!!! I bet they sell millions of these things! Hell, I'd buy a pair for beach cruising in Daytona!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Those rape condoms sold in Africa don't serve a purpose since a north American wouldn't wear them?

What about 80 dollar helmets? They're not as good as an arai. Do they serve a purpose?

I posed the same argument shmike did on the old site. They're not aimed at you or me. They're aimed at somebody who is going to wear sandals regardless.

Advertising a pair of decent riding boots there would be like advertising a lambo. You sure as hell aren't going to sell one any time soon.

Shit, FWIW I've been trying to find a way to buy a pair of these fucking things without any success! BTW Bata makes some pretty cool looking shoes!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #19
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Hell, I'd buy a pair for beach cruising in Daytona!
I'd buy a pair and chase The Awesome through the gap just to piss off Marko!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Good idea, then they can grab a bite if they get hungry.
I wonder if they'd eat a "carney" considering their relationship with cows... hmmmm... I wonder what the impact resistance of curry chicken on pita bread is?