Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #31
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I wouldn't say ownage other than it looks like ownage. Half of what he said was bullshit or just misleading statements.
Do you have any examples of said misleading statements there, Mary-Ann, or are you just talking out of your ass again?

JC
Old 02-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #32
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Um...I'd say most who haven't served are been close to military life would pronounce it the same.
Quit being logical

After all, 1-2% of Americans serve in the military, so the remaining 98-99% should know this stuff
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #33
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Do you have any examples of said misleading statements there, Mary-Ann, or are you just talking out of your ass again?

JC
Here's one I remember because a local representative asked it (thankfully not mine). Representative Tom Price stated to President Obama that he accused the Republicans of not offering any solutions. Obama fired back saying it was in the context of healthcare and that he remembered it because he gave the State of the Union address the day before. But in the SOTU address he said the republicans want to "maintain the status quo on healthcare". That means they didn't propose any new solutions despite they have drawn up some bills and pushed for them to only be rejected.

Homeslice:
Despite that only 1-2% of Americans have served in the military, President Obama is the head mother fucker in charge of the Military. Unlike you, me, and 99.999999% of the people in the military he can have the general of the United States Marine Corps in his office (or anywhere in the world) with a simple snap of the fingers. Plus he's a Constitutional Lawyer who I'm assuming studied the Constitution (so he can know how to piss on it I guess) and I would guess that he would have studied US History such as the Revolutionary War and the Marines who fought in it since the Marine Corps where founded before the Declaration of Independence was written much less the U.S. Constitution.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #34
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
Here's one I remember because a local representative asked it (thankfully not mine). Representative Tom Price stated to President Obama that he accused the Republicans of not offering any solutions. Obama fired back saying it was in the context of healthcare and that he remembered it because he gave the State of the Union address the day before. But in the SOTU address he said the republicans want to "maintain the status quo on healthcare". That means they didn't propose any new solutions despite they have drawn up some bills and pushed for them to only be rejected.
No, it means exactly what he said, Republicans want to maintain the status quo on health care. In truth, the Republicans didn't offer up anything that would significantly change how health care works. They put up some half-assed tort reforms, that according to the CBO, would have resulted in dick, as far as savings go.

Quote:
Homeslice:
Despite that only 1-2% of Americans have served in the military, President Obama is the head mother fucker in charge of the Military. Unlike you, me, and 99.999999% of the people in the military he can have the general of the United States Marine Corps in his office (or anywhere in the world) with a simple snap of the fingers. Plus he's a Constitutional Lawyer who I'm assuming studied the Constitution (so he can know how to piss on it I guess) and I would guess that he would have studied US History such as the Revolutionary War and the Marines who fought in it since the Marine Corps where founded before the Declaration of Independence was written much less the U.S. Constitution.
I've heard Obama reference the Marine Corps several times in speeches, without getting it wrong, and I'm pretty sure he knows who the fuck they are.

He either misspoke, or did not equate Navy Corpsmen as being pronounced the same way as Marine Corps. Get over it, it doesn't mean anything.

JC
Old 02-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #35
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Homeslice:
You do realize that corpsman is not a rank, right? It's a job.

While I would expect him to know how to pronouce each of the military ranks, I wouldn't expect him to be able to pronounce this. How about Boatswain's Mate, I bet 90% of Army and AF guys don't know how to pronouce that.

Leave it to the Navy to invent some stupid-ass name like corpsman. They're fucking medics. But the Navy always tries to be special, just like the whole aviator vs. pilot bullshit.

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-06-2010 at 05:33 PM..
Old 02-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #36
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

Leave it to the Navy to invent some stupid-ass name like corpsman. They're fucking medics. But the Navy always tries to be special, just like the whole aviator vs. pilot bullshit.
Invent?

The Navy Hospital Corps was originally established as a separate arm of the Navy. That's why they are still referred to as Corpsmen.

Fucking civilians...

JC
Old 02-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #37
Homeslice
Elitist

So, sounds like the Navy invented it
Old 02-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #38
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So, sounds like the Navy invented it
Point being that the name came from tradition, and not some "need to be special".

JC
Old 02-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

I kinda threw that one in there
Old 02-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #40
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
No, it means exactly what he said, Republicans want to maintain the status quo on health care. In truth, the Republicans didn't offer up anything that would significantly change how health care works. They put up some half-assed tort reforms, that according to the CBO, would have resulted in dick, as far as savings go.

JC
Are you serious? Do you watch anything on TV besides Olbermann?

The Republicans drafted up a bill (pretty much copied from the Whole Foods founder) that would have changed healthcare significantly. Purchasing across state lines (something only your federal healthcare plan can accomplish if passed), allowing people who purchase healthcare plans outside of a large company (such as a small business owner) to deduct it on their taxes, and removing mandates on what health insurance companies can provide (such as mandatory hair plug coverage). Other than some bullshit about the government not covering abortions (which I agree with but was a ploy to play to their base) the Republican plan did want to change healthcare.

Wether you agree with the Republican plan or not, you can't accuse them of not wanting to change it. You know it, I know it, and Obama sure as hell knows it.