Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 01-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #21
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I don't HATE Buells, I just don't wanna own one after the test ride I had on one.
I was the exact opposite (obviously)...I couldn't NOT own one after I test rode.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #22
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I was the exact opposite (obviously)...I couldn't NOT own one after I test rode.
And I'll concede, it's completely possible that the bikes we rode we just ragged to hell (the friend who was with me hated it equally).
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #23
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
And I'll concede, it's completely possible that the bikes we rode we just ragged to hell (the friend who was with me hated it equally).
Thats possible. It's also possible that they weren't remotely close to being set up for you....Buell's are odd handling machines if they are set up properly. That can cause an unpleasant experience.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #24
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

could also be that... you're just not made for a Buell...

I can't relate in bikes as I've got limited seat time on bikes other than my own (even then 8000 miles is still not very much)

but when I graduated I wanted a Ford Bronco... full size... lifted ect... things looked awesome... but when I got in and drove one... (after I bought it actually long story) I FUCKING HATED IT... damn thing was 10 miles wide... and I've ridden jet ski's that had more responsive stearing!

I ended up selling it to a friend for what I paid for it... he loves it... thing was great for him... just not what I liked... still think they look bad ass though...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #25
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:

Did you ride Glenn's? If so that bike was pretty much FUBAR, and you should not use that as an indicator of what a buell is like.

That having been said, my KTM has almost the exact same "raw" feeling that I found appealing in the Buell, but is about 1000% more hooliganism inspiring and a real blast to ride.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #26
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Yamaha also has the new yzf600 replacement, cant remember what theyre calling it though.

And even though Im not crazy about the looks, I cant wait to see how the new lighter more powerful zx6 compares in the middleweight class.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #27
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post

Did you ride Glenn's? If so that bike was pretty much FUBAR, and you should not use that as an indicator of what a buell is like.

That having been said, my KTM has almost the exact same "raw" feeling that I found appealing in the Buell, but is about 1000% more hooliganism inspiring and a real blast to ride.
I'm gonna really have to try riding a Super moto... as I just can't get into them... they look alright... but don't look fun... guess I'll just have to try it first...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #28
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
I'm gonna really have to try riding a Super moto... as I just can't get into them... they look alright... but don't look fun... guess I'll just have to try it first...
Anytime you make it to Jax (oh and the KTM is running right!) you're welcome to take mine for a spin!

Just be easy on the clutch, they're a LOT more wheelie prone than the ol ZZR!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #29
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Thats possible. It's also possible that they weren't remotely close to being set up for you....Buell's are odd handling machines if they are set up properly. That can cause an unpleasant experience.
All possible. But there were two of us, on two different bikes (his was the regular XB9R, and mine was the city cross version), different heights, different builds, same result -- we just felt like we were being shaken like a martini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
could also be that... you're just not made for a Buell...
Also very possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post

No, Nick & I rode them at bike week last year, so they're demo models - quite possibly ridden hard & put up wet - repeatedly.

It wasn't the "raw" I didn't like, it was just the shaking, the vibration, and oh yeah, the shaking.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #30
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Quote:

It wasn't the "raw" I didn't like, it was just the shaking, the vibration, and oh yeah, the shaking.
Yeah, the KTM does that too, except it's a higher pitch, it feels like your feet aren't even on the pegs sometimes!