Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #41
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
No just legalize the natural occurring drugs, weed and shrooms...

The other chemically altered substances can stay illegal.
What does that really change though? The article in the first post of this thread is all about how the war on drugs is a failure. Selectively legalizing drugs keeps the majority of those same fundamental problems outlined in the article in place. Don't get me wrong, looking at it in general what you propose is the form of legalization I support, but specific to the article it does little to fix any of those problems.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #42
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

It seems that Chi has completely bought into the D.A.R.E. mentality that is expected of this country's citizens. Illegal drugs are bad and dangerous and you'd have to be crazy to put them in your body. Never tried anything and only relying on outside information from a Government with a serious anti-drug/profit agenda who has been lying from the start.

Legally prescribed narcotics kill more people in America than Heroin, Methamphetamine, Cocaine, and Crack all combined. All narcotics can be lethal if used incorrectly, I personally have worked a Tylenol overdose death as a Vol. FF here in my home town. It was a very, very ugly and degrading death at that.

Aside from that, there has never been, in all of recorded history, a death solely attributed to Marijuana use. It is physically impossible to smoke, vaporize or eat enough Marijuana to cause death. That actually makes Cannabis the SAFEST therapeutically active substance known to man.

By contrast, millions of American parents put their kids on medication to control their behavior. Usually at a school's recommendation or legal insistance. One of those commonly prescribed medications, used for ADD/ADHD is Adderall, which is the same as methamphetamine, only cleaner since its made by Scientists and not white supremacists.

So we have this culture in which the vast majority of Americans use a chemical of some sort to improve their quality of life. You may take a Tylenol for a headache, whereas I might injest a good indica. Your drug of choice has adverse effects on the liver and has been attributed solely to thousands of death, mine doesn't...yet I wouldn't call you an idiot or look down on you for it.

Yet everyone wants to judge or look down on someone and pretend they are better or "up above it." And this attitude contributes the the hundreds of thousands of lives that are destroyed by the War on Drugs every year.

To Chi specifically, your history with people who abused substances does not mean everyone does. I know many people that use Cocaine, but only ONE out of the dozen or so I know ever became an addict. Most people do it just a handful of times a year. I personally have never tried it, but I'm not going to judge them for it.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #43
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

You can keep the soap box babe, and accuse me of buying into whatever mentality you want. I dont care. I have the proof I need to beleive what I want. Just because you are lucky enough to not have folks that suffer so severely from their abuse of illegal substances doesnt mean it isnt there.

Now back to the more entertaining discussion everyone else was having before you hopped on that box...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #44
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
If the mexican monster is coke does that mean you guys are supportive of the Government legalizing crack and sniff?
Heroin? Acid?
Since the people who use the heavy shit (crack, heroin, meth) are losers, I don't care about their deaths or dehabilitations. Also I really doubt legalizing those hard drugs would increase the number of users that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
As for just setting up lasers and fucking At-At's at the Mexican border (maybe atomic powered whack-o-mole robots for the tunnel digger traffic) does that mean we are tearing up NAFTA?
Not sure how NAFTA is going to be affected by border security, unless increased delay time is really going to convince Mexico to throw out the treaty. Doubt it since they depend on our economy for nearly everything.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-14-2010 at 11:04 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #45
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
You can keep the soap box babe, and accuse me of buying into whatever mentality you want. I dont care. I have the proof I need to beleive what I want. Just because you are lucky enough to not have folks that suffer so severely from their abuse of illegal substances doesnt mean it isnt there.

Now back to the more entertaining discussion everyone else was having before you hopped on that box...
This is another good example of a typical mentality that goes with the more pro-war on drugs crowd. Attack me personally by accusing me of being on a soapbox without actually addressing any of the facts that are part of the conversation and then pretending to be, once again, "up above" it. While I'm not personally offended, I find it sad that people will flat out refuse to open their eyes or even attempt to educate themselves. You are part of the majority in this regard, which of course is the worst part.

Not once did I ever say that there aren't folks who become addicted to narcotics.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #46
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
This is another good example of a typical mentality that goes with the more pro-war on drugs crowd. Attack me personally by accusing me of being on a soapbox without actually addressing any of the facts that are part of the conversation and then pretending to be, once again, "up above" it. While I'm not personally offended, I find it sad that people will flat out refuse to open their eyes or even attempt to educate themselves. You are part of the majority in this regard, which of course is the worst part.

Not once did I ever say that there aren't folks who become addicted to narcotics.
Awww, how cute, your still on it! Im not attacking you, I havent called you names or told you you are brain washed or blind as you have told/called me.

Who cares about the minority or majority? I have my thoughts on the matter. They are mine, not yours. Agree to disagree dude.

Not to mention, have I stated I am for the war on drugs? Nope, I said legalize the shit. Get your facts right babe. Comprehension FTW.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #47
dubbs
Multistrada

I bought into the DARE mentality when I was younger as well. Even now I catch myself thinking about it in that way and then I realize that no, those were just lies fed to me when I was a kid. I can't believe people still think Marijuana is dangerous or addictive or that it's a gateway drug.. Funny stuff.

Check out this documentary for some real facts - http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/High_...?trkid=1211017
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #48
the chi
Forum Coach

I think the gateway drug debate is an interesting one tho. I honestly think it depends on the personality involved. I have an acquaintance who was very seriously hooked on cocaine at one point and she very much swears that it was weed that led her to it and got her into the life. She has a very addictive personality and will admit to it.

Im the same way. Part of my decision to never use drugs and rarely drink is because I have such an addictive personality I know if I were to try it or use it constantly I might become hooked. Kinda like the track. I start itching anytime Im near one.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #49
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Awww, how cute, your still on it! Im not attacking you, I havent called you names or told you you are brain washed or blind as you have told/called me.

Who cares about the minority or majority? I have my thoughts on the matter. They are mine, not yours. Agree to disagree dude.

Not to mention, have I stated I am for the war on drugs? Nope, I said legalize the shit. Get your facts right babe. Comprehension FTW.
No you didn't, but you share the same mentality as those that do.

And yes, you called me an idiot, pointed out the hypocrisy of that, and then reaffirmed your opinion that I'm an idiot. I view that as more of an insult than being a victim of one of the most successful propaganda campaigns in modern history.

Quote:
I think the gateway drug debate is an interesting one tho. I honestly think it depends on the personality involved. I have an acquaintance who was very seriously hooked on cocaine at one point and she very much swears that it was weed that led her to it and got her into the life. She has a very addictive personality and will admit to it.

Im the same way. Part of my decision to never use drugs and rarely drink is because I have such an addictive personality I know if I were to try it or use it constantly I might become hooked. Kinda like the track. I start itching anytime Im near one.
I guarantee you she had ingested at least 5 other narcotics before ever trying marijuana.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #50
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
No you didn't, but you share the same mentality as those that do.

And yes, you called me an idiot, pointed out the hypocrisy of that, and then reaffirmed your opinion that I'm an idiot. I view that as more of an insult than being a victim of one of the most successful propaganda campaigns in modern history.

I guarantee you she had ingested at least 5 other narcotics before ever trying marijuana.
Are you hooked on illegal drugs and becoming a drain on society? If so, then yes, you are an idiot and a pain in the ass. If not, try not to take things so personally tinkerbell.

You cant guarantee that dude, you dont even know her. Talk about judging someone.