Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #11
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
SV650s from the list. While I like the engine in the Kawi better, the SV has a more sport oriented feel and a better chassis IMO.

Though I would get a ZX6r if you can afford it.
Like a nice brand new one like yours???? Riiight. If I had the money or credit to do that I would be all over a bike like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Out of all of those, the SV prob'ly has the best assortment of aftermarket goodies. I have ridden the 650F and while it isn't bad, I liked the SV better (though some of that may have stemmed from my having ridden mine for almost a decade).

If you want to venture to the darkside of nekkid bikes, the SFV650 may be an option as well...
I've heard the 650F is kind of a porker. I talked to a guy in a parking lot and he fucking loved it.

Love the SFV650, and MCN seems to love it too. But its only been out for a year. I hardly think I can find one for sub $3000.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

the SV is the way to go. It's got a group that obsess over that bike. They have solutions for everything. Go SV. I have even considered getting another one, this time a naked. I loved the SV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 03-05-2011 at 11:49 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
If you are buying new you can probably get a good deal. People selling used SVs around here though seem to think they have gold hidden in the frame somewhere, probably because of their reputation as good track bikes. For what people want for an SV you can get a similar vintage 600ss that is more capable. By capable I mean more power and better suspension from the factory.
I know. The racing community drives the SV demand. I cant believe they canned the SV line. As far as vintage 600s go... Im trying to get AWAY from carbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Yea I know we have had this argument but if you are even slightly handy, you can get a totaled 2007+ 600ss for cheap (under $2000) and fix it up. If you really don't want to go with a ss I know a guy selling his '07/'08 SV650 for cheap...
No, I'd rather have a newer 600. And im not bad with my hands. With stuff like that I'd just have to be really careful with straight frames and stuff. I'd love to have an 08 zx6r or 08 gsxr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Kawasaki ZZR-600
Yamaha R6S
Lol your confusing stuff now. Love the ZZR but like I said above, I'm looking to stay away from carbs. The R6S wouldnt be a bad option, but if I wanted that bike I would buy my best friend's '05 R6 that im trying to sell to FullThrottle for $3800. Plus it would have upside down forks and a better rear shock.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 03-05-2011 at 11:37 PM..
Old 03-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I put 51K miles on my 02 SV, and I never had a problem with the carbs. FI usually offers no improvement over carbs, unless you are willing to pay someone to get it re-mapped. I've ridden plenty of stock FI bikes that flat-out sucked for response and accuracy.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #15
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I put 51K miles on my 02 SV, and I never had a problem with the carbs. FI usually offers no improvement over carbs, unless you are willing to pay someone to get it re-mapped. I've ridden plenty of stock FI bikes that flat-out sucked for response and accuracy.
It's not so much that. Its the fact that after three months I go out and try to start the my 99 R6 and you'd have to clean the damn carbs to get it to start, but my buddies 05 rolls over first hit.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I'll bet this guy would sell you his 650 cheap...

http://app.twowheelfix.com/showthrea...820#post454820

Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #17
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
It's not so much that. Its the fact that after three months I go out and try to start the my 99 R6 and you'd have to clean the damn carbs to get it to start, but my buddies 05 rolls over first hit.
I think there were different issues with your r6 then. My 00 yzf600r starts first shot no problem every time except for when the coils went bad once.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #18
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Go Ninja.

Or Fischer...

But seriously, you can find a newish 650R with relatively low miles for pretty cheap. As long as you don't mind the usual plastic damage.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #19
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
I think there were different issues with your r6 then. My 00 yzf600r starts first shot no problem every time except for when the coils went bad once.
I have the 2000R6 and its never had a single problem starting up. The only times ive ever had to even use the choke to start it is when ive ridden it in the temperatures that are 30 or below. Besides that. Sitting for a month and having not even touched it, it still cranks up 1-2nd try. If you could i would get the SV 650 or a slightly newer R6. in my opinion they are the best built Jap bikes. I know im being a bit one sided here but hey i love the brand.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #20
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Go Ninja.

Or Fischer...

But seriously, you can find a newish 650R with relatively low miles for pretty cheap. As long as you don't mind the usual plastic damage.
Okay speaking about the Fisher. Ive never actually had one but i did have the Hyosung 250 and HYO builds the United Motors and the Fisher 650 motor. I wasnt exactly impressed with the bike. I would advise against it. I liked my Hyo250 alot. It was in many ways much better than a Ninja 250 but it had many problems that went with it. I would probably buy my Hyo in a heart beat again but i wouldnt upgrade to the 650 due to the small problems i had with my 250 that i wouldnt want to deal with when getting a bigger bike. So i would put an X on Fisher and get either an SV650 or later model R6. if you get the 03 or newer they are FI and they you wouldnt need to worry about your little Carb starting up problem.