Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 06-30-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory
Default suspension gurus I could use some help

The time has come to to swap out fork oil on my Busa. Rather than go half way. I am leaning toward springs and valves at the same time. Additionally I would love to gather some budget ( no Olin Forks and Strut please) ideas for improving the rear.) The bike is used primarily as my commuter I am 6'1 and with me on the bike along with my gear and the usual luggage The usual weight load is somewhere between 240 and 260. The only special variable to consider would be that the bike is running a mild turbo setup Dyno number are 257 RW HP with torque peaking at 139 ft lbs As a result the nose tends to get a bit light under load but I have NO interest in stretching or lowering. I had in fact looked into shortening the chassis by going to a GSX R 600 swing arm but every indicator is that while it might corner a bit better it would be a unicycle 50%of the time.
So if any of you folk who know suspension could make some suggestions I would be greatful.
Rick
Old 06-30-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
The time has come to to swap out fork oil on my Busa. Rather than go half way. I am leaning toward springs and valves at the same time. Additionally I would love to gather some budget ( no Olin Forks and Strut please) ideas for improving the rear.) The bike is used primarily as my commuter I am 6'1 and with me on the bike along with my gear and the usual luggage The usual weight load is somewhere between 240 and 260. The only special variable to consider would be that the bike is running a mild turbo setup Dyno number are 257 RW HP with torque peaking at 139 ft lbs As a result the nose tends to get a bit light under load but I have NO interest in stretching or lowering. I had in fact looked into shortening the chassis by going to a GSX R 600 swing arm but every indicator is that while it might corner a bit better it would be a unicycle 50%of the time.
So if any of you folk who know suspension could make some suggestions I would be greatful.
Rick

I'll say what I always do. Racetech. They don't make your set-up "Ohlins grade" or anything but they are a huge improvement over stock. I would at least change the springs front and back. Give them a call at 951.279.6655 or check out their website at http://www.racetech.com/
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote