Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6
Default Colo. man went on solo mission to kill bin Laden

By DAN ELLIOTT and CHRIS BRUMMITT, Associated Press Writers Dan Elliott And Chris Brummitt, Associated Press Writers – 11 mins ago
DENVER – An American man has been detained in the mountains of Pakistan after local authorities found him carrying a sword, pistol and night-vision goggles on a Rambo-style solo mission to hunt down and kill Osama bin Laden.

Friends and family say construction worker Gary Brooks Faulkner is a devout, good-humored Christian who often talked about building a porch or framing a house — not taking down the world's most-wanted terrorist. They had few clues to explain his 7,300-mile journey.

"I'm like, 'What? They got him where?'" said Daren Paredes, a friend who met Faulkner in the northern Colorado town of Greeley. "He's a joker, and he's real talkative. ... He never really talked about terror or anything like that."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100615/...n_laden_hunter
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Something might have snapped with this one
Old 06-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

1) he's already dead and we don't know it

or

2) he's already dead and we know it, but haven't revealed it yet for various reasons

or

3) he's not dead, and we know where he is, but the powers that be have decided that he's more useful alive than dead
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
goof2
AMA Supersport

Keep in mind there is still a bounty on Bin Laden. The only thing that surprises me is there aren't more "treasure hunters" looking for the $25 million hiding around the Pakistan/Afghanistan border.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

So some construction worker managed to get from America to Pakistan and then into the mountains with just a sword, pistol, and night vision? If fucker can do that then they should let him keep on looking. Worst thing that can happen is he gets caught and killed. Best thing is he finds Bin Laden and chops fuckers head off. Either way we lose nothing.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #6
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Keep in mind there is still a bounty on Bin Laden. The only thing that surprises me is there aren't more "treasure hunters" looking for the $25 million hiding around the Pakistan/Afghanistan border.
In 2003 in afghansitan they were everywhere. They would pull in and out of pakistan avoiding border crossings and getting in small skirmishes with the reminants of the taliban.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
1) he's already dead and we don't know it

or

2) he's already dead and we know it, but haven't revealed it yet for various reasons

He's pretty dead. I would be very surprised if he was alive. He is suffering from kidney failure, needs constant dialisys, the equipment for that isnt small or cheap, in 2001 the smallest machines were the size of a few refridgerators put together, the newest ones being produced now are about half the size of a refridgerator.

My guess is he died a meaningless inconsequential death sometime in early 2002 at the hands of the pakistan government.They cant talk about his death for fear that the rest of the mideast would light a fire under their ass
Old 06-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

You all talking about Bin Laden? I'm confused LOL
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
My guess is he died a meaningless inconsequential death sometime in early 2002 at the hands of the pakistan government.They cant talk about his death for fear that the rest of the mideast would light a fire under their ass
2002, you really think it happened that soon? I was thinking more like 2006 or so.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
So some construction worker managed to get from America to Pakistan and then into the mountains with just a sword, pistol, and night vision? If fucker can do that then they should let him keep on looking. Worst thing that can happen is he gets caught and killed. Best thing is he finds Bin Laden and chops fuckers head off. Either way we lose nothing.
He clearly had to be brought home. He forgot the video camera, to film the beheading with. That's a major faux pas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
He's pretty dead. I would be very surprised if he was alive. He is suffering from kidney failure, needs constant dialisys, the equipment for that isnt small or cheap, in 2001 the smallest machines were the size of a few refridgerators put together, the newest ones being produced now are about half the size of a refridgerator.

He's the son of oil mega-billionaires. For all we know he could have a Doctor Evil hideout, dug into the side of an Afghani mountainside, with widescreen TV and a hot tub.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 06-18-2010 at 10:05 AM..
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote