Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #21
t-homo
WSB Champion

I would just to fuck around sometime. There are two guys a couple years below me who ride two up on a 1990 scooter. It looks funny as shit.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:53 PM   #22
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

2up on a scooter, back to back, with the passenger spraying a supersoaker in a sorority would be funny
Old 07-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #23
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

when i was younger i loved giving guys rides. all the boys wanted to be on the back of my bike. it was a cool reversal of roles. i like giving my female friends rides whenever i can. i love sharing the experience with people.

but 2 dudes on 1 bike.... guys shouldn't get that close to one another. unless that is their thing, which then is none of my business.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #24
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Homophobia strikes deep. No pun intended. But I can't believe that sport bikers are so worried about their image. When you're wearing leathers and helmet, no one can tell who or what sex you are. Don't tell me you never came up on a rider with a long pony tail sticking out of their helmet and it was a guy.

I took plenty of male friends for rides. I was the only guy in the neighborhood who had a bike. I know at least two became motorcyclists because of rides I gave them. One gay friend I gave a ride to sat further away from me than any male rider.

The sport is a lot more important to me than the image. Especially since I ride a 30-year-old bike and wear boots from the Army Surplus store.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #25
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I've ridden with a guy on the back of my bike 3 times. One time when my buddy helped push his friends bike over a mile to a gas station becuase he grabbed a diesel pump and didn't realize that Repsol wasn't Italian for Diesel. But I went and got him and he rode on the back of my bike (SecaII then) to get his bike. But I had a girl on the back for the rest of the ride and I guess that makes up for it.

Another time a buddy of mine who has never ridden a motorcycle tried to ride my bike (SecaII) and couldn't figure out the clutch. I told him to hop on the back just so he could get a feel. Nothing like seeing the looks on people's faces as they see what appears to be a gay interacial couple cruising through the neighorhood.

Then another time before (On the SecaII again) when I showed up to a buddy's house in a college town. He had a party the night before but when I got down there about 11am my buddy was drinking (Who also had a bike). Some guy wakes up going "Oh shit I'm going to be late for my exam". There were no cars there and my buddy had been drinking. I'm told him "Hop on my bike and I'll run you to class" which was about 5 miles away. He had on my buddy's helmet. But being in a college town no one seemed to notice.

Another time at work there is a Mexican I work with. Which some backround on him is he is one tough SOB. Multiple knife cuts, gun shot wounds, and is a bonified badass. He woudn't think twice about killing you and burying you in a ditch. You wouldn't think it talking to him but he is considered the craziest most badass guy at my work where 90% of the employees have spent time in jail (real time not a night in jail). Well we get back from work at 9pm one day and his ride had already left. He asked me to give him a ride back to his place. I'm told him "I'm on my motorcycle". He said that's fine but I then explained the helmet laws and how we would get pulled over. He understood then and wanted no attention from the cops. Thank god I didn't have a spare helmet because I wasn't going to tell him no. I was going to be riding two up for sure.

But if gas gets any worste I'll start a motorcycle bike pool and see if I can get 3 guys on my bike to split the gas.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #26
WildKat
It was better in the 80's

Moto: 2000 Kat 750

I don't think it's about being a homophobe ( although for some it is ) so much as just being a guy thing in general. Call it image, or just call it not wanting to get that close to another guy but unless there is some big time emergency Im definitely not comfortable doing it.

Chicks aren't afraid to get up close and personal with each other, be all touchy feely and whatnot either because it's their preference to be with women or just because they are just cool with being that close to other females in general but for guys, most of the time IMO, we just don't do that sort of thing. Fear of being labled? maybe but mostly because it's just freekin gross...LOL
Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #27
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Short distance to help someone out but not just to ride around...that just "ain't" quite right.
yup!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
if you wear a leather jacket and pants, you hardly know he's there.
which he?
Old 07-24-2008, 12:08 AM   #28
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKat View Post
I don't think it's about being a homophobe ( although for some it is ) so much as just being a guy thing in general. Call it image, or just call it not wanting to get that close to another guy but unless there is some big time emergency Im definitely not comfortable doing it.

Chicks aren't afraid to get up close and personal with each other, be all touchy feely and whatnot either because it's their preference to be with women or just because they are just cool with being that close to other females in general but for guys, most of the time IMO, we just don't do that sort of thing. Fear of being labled? maybe but mostly because it's just freekin gross...LOL
I guess when I hear all you guys talking about not wanted to be that close to another guy I just think of you stereotypical "lifted truck drivin-gun shootin-Nascar watchin-guy." One that has to do only manly men things otherwise someone might think he is gay. Seems silly to me...and yes, I am a girl so maybe I don't count but my husband thinks the same way.

My husband used to give his guy friends rides all the time. None of them had bikes and wanted to see what it was like...or sometimes they just wanted a lift somewhere.
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:10 AM   #29
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yea I don't often ride anyone but I've given friends rides to work or class or whatever. I'm a hood rat and we used to ride our bicycles two up all the time. I'm not a homophobe so maybe I don't count. I do admit I chuckle when ever I see to guys on a bike.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Only with drewpy... he's dreamy.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote