Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Its basically like a waverunner on wheels. Im pretty good on a waverunner, I grew up on a couple yamahas. (any waverunner people will laugh at that). The thing about waverunners is that to properly get them to turn performance wise you have to get them to bite. Basically you have to get the weight shifted to the back side that youre turning on . If anyone has tried turning one at high speed with just the handlebars, you know that it just turns on a horizontal plane, and it tries to yank you off in the other direction, hard. That is until the outer edge bites a wave and then you go over... . I can only imagine the Can Am feels like that around a corner because there is no way to shift the weight...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #12
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Its basically like a waverunner on wheels. Im pretty good on a waverunner, I grew up on a couple yamahas. (any waverunner people will laugh at that). The thing about waverunners is that to properly get them to turn performance wise you have to get them to bite. Basically you have to get the weight shifted to the back side that youre turning on . If anyone has tried turning one at high speed with just the handlebars, you know that it just turns on a horizontal plane, and it tries to yank you off in the other direction, hard. That is until the outer edge bites a wave and then you go over... . I can only imagine the Can Am feels like that around a corner because there is no way to shift the weight...
I know on snowmobiles, you hang off like a t-shirt wearing squid trying to drag knee.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
On a wave runner, you can bite the water because the water isn't solid and get it to lean some. Can Am doesn't have the luxury of liquid asphalt. It's just a big pile of shit.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
On a wave runner, you can bite the water because the water isn't solid and get it to lean some. Can Am doesn't have the luxury of liquid asphalt. It's just a big pile of shit.
Yea... a waverunner basically is like a ski in snow. It cuts on an edge. But it must feel like your going to fly off at all times on the Can. You must really work your abs and obliques on the thing...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Cool write up.

I know there is about to be a barrage of hate toward all things not 2 wheels.

I like anything with an engine, so I'd rock one for a while but I can't get over the price of those things.

Do you have any idea what she paid? I think in touring trim those things are well into the $20's.
I know it was into the 20's, but not sure exactly... I'm thinkin' low 20's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I was cool with em until you were able to take your motorcycle test on em.

Now I don't even acknowledge the riders when they're out. Might as well be in a car or on a snowmobile.
Agreed 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I was going to kick you in the nuts if you got a spyder. Trikes in any form are a good way to get yourself killed in the mountains. There is a good reason they banned 3 wheeled ATVs...
Absolutely... That's ALL I could think of when I was riding it...

Quote:
I had a Sea Doo and a myriad of Waverunners growing... it's sorta similar, BUT you cannot shift your weight enough AND it doesn't slide at all like a ski will...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #16
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
The T-rex has got to be a more fun, serious machine.
Hell yea. That's a 3 wheeler that'd id absolutely love to have
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #17
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Hell yea. That's a 3 wheeler that'd id absolutely love to have
That's a 3 wheeler done right...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #18
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Can AM Spyder...

Pros:
Couch on wheels
Bells and whistles to control the bells and the whistles
Looks pretty cool... sorta.
Sounds nice
No slouch on power, but no drag race winner either
My assessment too, it is made for the over 50 crowd who likes to ride long straight highways or long sweeping corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Cons:
Unstable when pushed hard (suspension settings may help, but I didn't have a chance to fuck with them)
Drives like a car, handles like a truck
Lean... none of it - feels like it's going to toss you in the corners
Traction control BS won't allow for donuts
The back gives out way before the front does, and god help you if you hit a bump in the road sideways. Also don't wear pants that slide on the seat, anything harder than a slow gentle turn will kick you off the seat
Old 10-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #19
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Good write up - I've only sat on one... never had one actually moving. I was wondering if it'd be like I suspected... sounds like it is.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #20
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I hope she has bettery luck than my co-workers dad. he's about to lemon his, it's always in the shop for something. All those bells & whistles... yeah they never work right. Hopefully they fixed those issues.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote