Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
logan1
Trailer Queen

Moto: 07 GSXR 1000
Default AUCTMARTS K7 GSXR-1000 fairing review (Lots of pictures)

I bought a set of custom painted K7 GSXR 1000 from auctmart for $599 shipped. Since the plastics were a custom paint order it took approx 6 weeks from date of payment to delivery.

The box that the fairings came is was sturdy and the fairings were packed very well to prevent any damage.

After taking my time to unwrap all the fairing i was truly surprised at the quality of the paint and the over all finish of the product i had purchased.

i had requested a replica of the K7 orange/black plastics and what i got was not a 100% match but it was close enough to me.

It took me 6-8 Hours to mount the fairings as it required all lot of fiddling on my part to get them to fit just right but none the less after i had put in the effort required i absolutely love the way my bike looks. The plastics around the headlight were the trickiest to get to fit exactly right (approx 1.5 hours) but in the end they did fit perfectly.

The pictures below are to illustrate how well the fitment of the fairings can be if you put in the time and effort required.

And now my BIKE is all its glory.

The only thing that was broken in shipping was the free windscreen that auctmart sent me.

:cheers

Difference between a Harley and a Hoover is the position of the DIRTBAG.
logan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

One little detail that could set that off... Pull the Two Bros badge, paint it the same orange as the rest of the bike. That would be a tiny little touch that would be awesome.

You get real motivated powdercoat the rearsets and passenger pegs black.

Oh, and powdercoat or swap the levers out for black ones.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
One little detail that could set that off... Pull the Two Bros badge, paint it the same orange as the rest of the bike. That would be a tiny little touch that would be awesome.

That would be SWEET!!!!!!
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I should have mentioned that I love that fucking color.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Auctmarts? Never heard of them...do they sell motorcycle plastics? BTW if you E Mail them,they'll send you a replacement windscreen free of charge.

I'm glad they worked out for you! I know that they can be harder to install than stock BUT at $599 for custom painted fairings,I still think that it is a great deal. I still challenge anyone to buy a stock set of plastic and have it custom painted for $600. Hey Azoom,how about it?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

They look great! I'd go with OSP's suggestions - at least go black on the pegs or better yet, get some rearsets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I still challenge anyone to buy a stock set of plastic and have it custom painted for $600. Hey Azoom,how about it?
I wouldn't spend six hours on plastics. But, hey...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
They look great! I'd go with OSP's suggestions - at least go black on the pegs or better yet, get some rearsets.

I wouldn't spend six hours on plastics. But, hey...
Ha ha! Yea,no offense to the guy but I'm guessing it would have taken him a fair piece of time to install stock plastic as well....

I'd totally agree on the rear sets idea,except that the stock pegs are already adjustable...of course if he doesn't have any problems with Chinese products,he can get rearsets for $150 and levers for about $60-100 in black...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #8
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Nice work! You should do a follow-up in a year or two on how they plastics and paint are holding up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post

Good call!
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Ha ha! Yea,no offense to the guy but I'm guessing it would have taken him a fair piece of time to install stock plastic as well....

I'd totally agree on the rear sets idea,except that the stock pegs are already adjustable...of course if he doesn't have any problems with Chinese products,he can get rearsets for $150 and levers for about $60-100 in black...
Dzus FTMFW

I know that I shouldn't put all the blame on the plastics. I'm spoiled with Italian engineering that takes about a minute to take all the plastics off the bike. 22 seconds if it's just the sides...

You and your deals

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:33 AM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Auctmarts? Never heard of them...do they sell motorcycle plastics? BTW if you E Mail them,they'll send you a replacement windscreen free of charge.

I'm glad they worked out for you! I know that they can be harder to install than stock BUT at $599 for custom painted fairings,I still think that it is a great deal. I still challenge anyone to buy a stock set of plastic and have it custom painted for $600. Hey Azoom,how about it?
this the same company you got yours from?

I love the black and orange
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote