Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #11
logan1
Trailer Queen

Moto: 07 GSXR 1000

I'll probably get the rearsets, levers, and passenger pegs powercoated black somewhere down the line. At this point for my style of riding i just cannot justify buying aftermarket rearsets or levers esp. when the stock ones have so much adjustibility.

As for painting the 2-Bro logo i'll see if i can get that done in a few weeks when i attempt my lower fairing extension mod.

Difference between a Harley and a Hoover is the position of the DIRTBAG.
logan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
this the same company you got yours from?

I love the black and orange
Yep! I've said it before,I don't think that they are as good as stock BUT for the money,I think that it's a good deal. People are constantly discussing "quality","how long the paint will last","how long the plastic will last","crash endurance",etc... heck,at these prices,I'm already considering buying another set for my bike. Personally,I've never kept a sport bike beyond 4 years,so I really don't care if the plastic stands the "test of time". Besides,I don't think that the stock plastic is exactly "built to last",when I hit my last deer,the entire Suzuki made body,sans the tail,blew off my bike. These new stock bodies are held together with plastic snaps and very few actual bolts and screws.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #13
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

well the bike I just bought has been down... it's not bad... but I would like to get some new ones and paint them Orange and black... or maybe just orange...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #14
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

i've replaced a ton of body parts on bikes over the years, and factory stuff takes NO TIME compared to chinese stuff, but overall, they do look pretty good when you're finally done, and for the price, ya cant go too wrong

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #15
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Looks great...Where did you find this Auctmart? Link? I would like a spare set for my bike. I like to change themes now and again and it wouldn't hurt to have a spare set for track days...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #16
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Dzus FTMFW

I know that I shouldn't put all the blame on the plastics. I'm spoiled with Italian engineering that takes about a minute to take all the plastics off the bike. 22 seconds if it's just the sides...
I agree on DZUS, great product.

The Duc's have been engineered to quickly remove the plastics because, let's face it, they're DUCS! I've seen two stroke racers that spend less time tinkering than a typical Ducati racer.

OP has a Suzuki for the street. Except for oil changes, he has no need to remove and reinstall the plastics.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #17
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Looks great...Where did you find this Auctmart? Link? I would like a spare set for my bike. I like to change themes now and again and it wouldn't hurt to have a spare set for track days...
http://www.auctmarts.com/main/

decent selection
Old 01-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post

Yea and they'll do custom work for you as well. They used to have a color chart on their website but they probably took it down.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #19
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

well their website has a lot of empty links... they only have fairings... but they have a link for HID and shit...

thanks though... it'd be worth it if they look half as good as yours do
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #20
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Quote:
I'm spoiled with Italian engineering that takes about a minute to take all the plastics off the bike. 22 seconds if it's just the sides...
Only problem is half the time you order them they send you ones that have the holes in the wrong place. Or the dzus clips are missing or it takes 6 months to get it. We will not even talk about the bolts that loosen up cause they don't use loctite.

Sorry Azoom but I have worked on a few too many ducks on the side of the road to love them. My friends 748 was nicknamed "the little yellow Harley". I bought him a key chain that was a duck in a life vest. Between that and the buell it was like a rolling bike repair clinic at the gap a few years back.

Now I'd rock a Priller or a KTM.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote