Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 11-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Most people won't do shit.........They will be too embarassed to opt out at the airports, and too lazy to write to their leaders.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
An Anal bomb. lulz ensue.
You know it's going to happen. I'm predicting it first here.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #13
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
Flying blows.. Only good part about it is the time factor..
And now with all the BS you have to go through, the time factor is only good if the drive is longer than 8 hours. Granted, I have a 1 hour drive to the airport, so that factors in for me. It used to be that you could get to the airport 45 min before takeoff, head to the gate, board the plane and be on your way. Now you have to get to the airport about 2 hours early, if not more. Then, even on a short flight you typically have to connect somewhere. Combine that with the all the hassle you have to deal with, the increased prices, the decreased service and it's just not worth it to fly anywhere on a short flight.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
And now with all the BS you have to go through, the time factor is only good if the drive is longer than 8 hours. Granted, I have a 1 hour drive to the airport, so that factors in for me. It used to be that you could get to the airport 45 min before takeoff, head to the gate, board the plane and be on your way. Now you have to get to the airport about 2 hours early, if not more. Then, even on a short flight you typically have to connect somewhere. Combine that with the all the hassle you have to deal with, the increased prices, the decreased service and it's just not worth it to fly anywhere on a short flight.
Holy crap, word for freakin' word here

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #15
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

People are not going to protest much. This intrusion into our personal freedoms will continue, but as was stated above, it will all factor into people driving more, and flying less.

The ones that will suffer in the end is the airlines...and to be honest, it's only fair.

Ultimately, airports do have the option on NOT using the TSA, and hiring private security.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Now you have to get to the airport about 2 hours early, if not more. .
You, in Indiana, needing to arrive 2 hrs early? Nigga please. I have never needed to arrive more than 1 hour before, no matter where I've lived, unless it is a prime holiday travel day.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #17
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You, in Indiana, needing to arrive 2 hrs early? Nigga please. I have never needed to arrive more than 1 hour before, no matter where I've lived, unless it is a prime holiday travel day.
It used to be the same here but they cut the number machines from 2 per entrance to 1. That made the lines longer again. Even at my small-ass local airport it takes almost an hour to get through security and then all the other crap beyond and sometimes more.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #18
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Yep. I fly into and out of the country. Otherwise, I'd rather drive pretty much everywhere.

Especially with this new pat-down BS, I'll only fly when absolutely necessary.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
Man that is some shit - makes complete sense and ties up nicely with a lot of other shit going on.. I know a lot of people call things like this "conspiracy" and the people who are doing it, if they are doing it for the reasons outlined would want the sheeple to believe it is conspiracy because by the time the walmart sheeple figure out what is going on it will be too late.. I have always avoided flying if I can - like this year I drove to Atlanta and Chattanooga - of course hit the gap both times I was there.. But not because I am afraid of the actual flying in the plane - its the hassle at the airport.. Why not just drive and enjoy some good tunes, whatever food you want, stop when you want, etc. Especially if you have the extra time.. Flying blows.. Only good part about it is the time factor..
Quote:
I agree and at this point my wife said she will NOT go to an airport with me. She knows that if I get picked, we wont... cough I won't be flying, cause I will NOT let them scan or pat me down in such a manner.

That being said, I wonder what they would do if I just started stripping for my pat down. Leaving my underwear on and all... what would they do? What could they do? Then I would maybe try to act very outwardly gay. Like oh boy, I'm going to enjoy this... Again what could they do? Is there a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" sign at the airport??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
People are not going to protest much. This intrusion into our personal freedoms will continue, but as was stated above, it will all factor into people driving more, and flying less.

The ones that will suffer in the end is the airlines...and to be honest, it's only fair.

Ultimately, airports do have the option on NOT using the TSA, and hiring private security.
Are you sure about the option of no TSA?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #20
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Yes. Airports need only meet Homeland Security Guidelines, but can use private security at their discretion.