Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-31-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1
Default First go with an I-talian...

I decided 4 bikes in the garage weren't enough. And I've owned ALMOST everything else in the 2 wheel world. So what the hell, you only live once...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00364.jpg (286.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00352.jpg (311.3 KB, 3 views)
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

You could still use "Just one more"

Nice bike, Tye
I've always loved Mille's, just not enough to spend on one.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Oooh want. How do you like it?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #4
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
You could still use "Just one more"

Nice bike, Tye
I've always loved Mille's, just not enough to spend on one.
Actually if now that I think about it, I never owned a mini-bike so that's next on the list. And this really wasn't that much. Didn't even have to sell my motard for it. I mean, ya it lacks some of the trick factory parts, but those can easily be found in good condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Oooh want. How do you like it?
It's pretty awesome. It feels... "different". It's not the same old ninja/cbr/gsxr kinda bike. The motor is the biggest part. It's weird feeling like an overpowered cruiser motor dressed in sportbike plastics. It's got an awesome feel to it, the tank cups your legs so you can hang on with that, the power delivery is relatively smooth above 4k RPM(below it rattles) it handles great for it's claimed weight(heaviest in class) and I think it looks the tits. 04 with 13k mi and I don't even see a rock chip in paint. Either it's got a lasting fit and finish or the guy never "rode" it.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Actually if now that I think about it, I never owned a mini-bike so that's next on the list. And this really wasn't that much. Didn't even have to sell my motard for it. I mean, ya it lacks some of the trick factory parts, but those can easily be found in good condition.

It's pretty awesome. It feels... "different". It's not the same old ninja/cbr/gsxr kinda bike. The motor is the biggest part. It's weird feeling like an overpowered cruiser motor dressed in sportbike plastics. It's got an awesome feel to it, the tank cups your legs so you can hang on with that, the power delivery is relatively smooth above 4k RPM(below it rattles) it handles great for it's claimed weight(heaviest in class) and I think it looks the tits. 04 with 13k mi and I don't even see a rock chip in paint. Either it's got a lasting fit and finish or the guy never "rode" it.
gotta be honest i keep wondering about dumping my blade for one, 04's have been getting very temptingly priced lately. of course my issue is alway going from lightest in class to heaviest any mods done to that one? evo airbox? know which map its running? oh yeah, since its an 04' you checked that its the "fixed" swingarm right?
TWF Post whore #6
Old 08-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
gotta be honest i keep wondering about dumping my blade for one, 04's have been getting very temptingly priced lately. of course my issue is alway going from lightest in class to heaviest any mods done to that one? evo airbox? know which map its running? oh yeah, since its an 04' you checked that its the "fixed" swingarm right?
Just tigcraft slipon pipes and the stunter sized frame sliders to which I'll be removing because I've already hit my shin/knee's on them too many times. It's going to AF1 soon for -1 front, PC3, tune and all the airbox stuff to wake it up. The weight really isn't a big deal, I still think ALL sportbikes are too heavy, but I'm coming off 6 months of dirtbikes and a motard. The bike still handles well with it, and once I get it to the track I'll be able to make a REAL comparison to our GSXR750. But I don't think it will be a problem considering AF1 still races one aside their new RSV4. Can't suck that bad :P

And yes it has upgraded swingarm, replaced stator/clutch slave/rear brake master cylinders.

Last edited by TYEster; 08-01-2010 at 09:25 AM..
Old 08-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Just tigcraft slipon pipes and the stunter sized frame sliders to which I'll be removing because I've already hit my shin/knee's on them too many times. It's going to AF1 soon for -1 front, PC3, tune and all the airbox stuff to wake it up. The weight really isn't a big deal, I still think ALL sportbikes are too heavy, but I'm coming off 6 months of dirtbikes and a motard. The bike still handles well with it, and once I get it to the track I'll be able to make a REAL comparison to our GSXR750. But I don't think it will be a problem considering AF1 still races one aside their new RSV4. Can't suck that bad :P

And yes it has upgraded swingarm, replaced stator/clutch slave/rear brake master cylinders.
Sweet
Old 08-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

A buddy of mine has the same one. I really really really like riding it.
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Sweet ride....I should "stop over" If I'm ever in TX so I can ride it. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
TYEster