Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I'm not a fan of the GSXR line mainly because of how their powerband felt to me and how uncomfortable they are(Not saying sportbikes are goldwings but I feel most cramped on a "Gixxer") to me. That's just me. Oh yeah. The 2008s look like they have a Tulip for a headlight. Seriously it looks like a flower.

Here's one thing I found funny. If you ask someone who rides say a 2006 GSX-1000R what they ride. They'll tell you they ride a "K6 Gixxer 1k". WTF? If I'm hearing this right K represents 1000 (Like $3k=$3,000). That tells me they ride a 1006 GSX-1000r(Talk about your vintage bikes).

Why can't they just say "I ride a GSXR1000/750/600"? You don't hear Kawasaki riders saying they have a "Zixxer 10" nor is a Honda rider going to hop on a "Cibber 600". Then damnit if you ride a "Yezfur 6". Or damn what if you ride a KTM. Do you ride a Kaytum?
Let's see, I've heard of Ducatis being called Ducks(and rattle cans,dry clutch), Kawasakis called Cows, FZRs called Fizzers, ZXs called Zedexs, KTMs called katooms, CBRs called Fireblades, CBR600s called Hurricanes,F2s,F3s,F4s and F4is,KX and EX bikes called Ninjas, BMWs called Beemers,YZF1000Rs called Thunderblades and YZF600Rs called Thundercats(haha) or Thunderkittens(my fav),Katanas called Kan o tunas, Even R1 and R6 is technically a nickname cause the model designation is YZF-R1/6, Harleys called Hogs, Yamahas called Bamahas, Husquarna(sp) called Huskies, Hayabusas called 'Busas,need I go on? Some of these are nicknames,some the oems stick the bike with. I've never heard my bike refered to the way YOU describe but I have seen GSXR1000K6 for example or GSXR1K6. Whatever,it never fails to amaze me the lengths you guys will go to to try and denigrate arguably the most successful and winningest motorcycles in history. Especially,recent history. So nyahh,nyahh,nyahh!!!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 05-09-2008 at 06:17 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #22
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Seriously,what was CEO doing on a Gixxer forum anyway? Looking for negative crap about GSXRs that's what. I'm sure I could cruise other forums and find multitudenous examples of squidliness on other brands besides Suzuki.
If you actually read the first post instead of just getting worked up about everything anyone else says and then spewing worthless drivel through your keyboard, you'd notice that a buddy on my local forum posted this up, just as I have done here. And he didn't get it from a gixxer forum.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
If you actually read the first post instead of just getting worked up about everything anyone else says and then spewing worthless drivel through your keyboard, you'd notice that a buddy on my local forum posted this up, just as I have done here. And he didn't get it from a gixxer forum.

Shhhhhh....I was trying to start a fight,it's been kinda dead around here lately! Besides,I was trying to start something with the nickname part of the post.
Besides,you don't even normally read my posts so what do you care what I type? Wacka wacka!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 05-09-2008 at 06:19 PM..
Old 05-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #24
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Let's see, I've heard of Ducatis being called Ducks(and rattle cans,dry clutch), Kawasakis called Cows, FZRs called Fizzers, ZXs called Zedexs, KTMs called katooms, CBRs called Fireblades, CBR600s called Hurricanes,F2s,F3s,F4s and F4is,KX and EX bikes called Ninjas, BMWs called Beemers,YZF1000Rs called Thunderblades and YZF600Rs called Thundercats(haha) or Thunderkittens(my fav),Katanas called Kan o tunas, Even R1 and R6 is technically a nickname cause the model designation is YZF-R1/6, Harleys called Hogs, Yamahas called Bamahas, Husquarna(sp) called Huskies, Hayabusas called 'Busas,need I go on? Some of these are nicknames,some the oems stick the bike with. I've never heard my bike refered to the way YOU describe but I have seen GSXR1000K6 for example or GSXR1K6. Whatever,it never fails to amaze me the lengths you guys will go to to try and denigrate arguably the most successful and winningest motorcycles in history. Especially,recent history. So nyahh,nyahh,nyahh!!!
Ill respond to that being as Im the only one who rides one on this board. Thundercat is the model name for the European version of the bike which is virtually identical to the US version. The thunderkitten im guessing is the obvious fact that they are quite tame bikes.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Ill respond to that being as Im the only one who rides one on this board. Thundercat is the model name for the European version of the bike which is virtually identical to the US version. The thunderkitten im guessing is the obvious fact that they are quite tame bikes.
Awww c'mon JJ you can do better than that! Like,"what the fuck yo?!? I'll ride circles around your old ass motherfucker! I'll stick a thunderkitten straight up you ass biatch!!" Or something like that anyway! Ho Hum....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post

On the real tho',have you ever posted "squid" behavior on anything other than a GSXR? Be honest.....
Old 05-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #26
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
Awww c'mon JJ you can do better than that! Like,"what the fuck yo?!? I'll ride circles around your old ass motherfucker! I'll stick a thunderkitten straight up you ass biatch!!" Or something like that anyway! Ho Hum....

On the real tho',have you ever posted "squid" behavior on anything other than a GSXR? Be honest.....
Haha, you really do want to fight today dont ya? Youll have to look elsewhere though. Tonights a relax and drink beer night since finals are done for this semester and I just got off work. Maybe next argument Ill jump in.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Haha, you really do want to fight today dont ya? Youll have to look elsewhere though. Tonights a relax and drink beer night since finals are done for this semester and I just got off work. Maybe next argument Ill jump in.
Yay thanks,it was my birthday yesterday and I'm full of piss and vineager. Ha dodged the bullets for another year!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #28
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
Yay thanks,it was my birthday yesterday and I'm full of piss and vineager. Ha dodged the bullets for another year!!!
So if yesterday was youre birthday, shouldnt you be the 43 year old kid now?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #29
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Well I've heard nicknames for many other bikes. But usually at a bike night when you ask someone what they ride. If you ask someone who rides a CBR600rr they'll say at the least a 600rr but normally they'll say a CBR600rr. Never heard someone call a CBR600 a Hurricane except the F1s.

Which I see the point about the K stuff. I call my bike an F3. But the F3 represents from 1995-1998. Honda doesn't have a CBR600 F1 for 1991, f2 for 1992, f3 for 1993, f4 for 1994 and so on.

Unless I'm missing something and every year the GSXR line goes through a major remodel(Say the different between an F2 and an F3 or an F3 and a F4) I could understand saying you have a GSXR600 K4. And say the GSXR600 K4 stayed unchanged between the years 2003-2006 then yeah that makes sense.

Basically it just seems cheesy to me to say I have a "K4 Gixxer 1000". Just tell me it's a 2004 GSXR1000. Now if you did say "I have a 2004 GSX-1000r" I would make fun of you too.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

nothing beats the old...

Crotch Scooter...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote