Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-19-2008, 11:25 AM   #41
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Before I can reasonably offer any advice or assistance, I first need to ask you this:

Did you ever actually ride the 500 before selling it? More than around the block or so?

Not trying to get your back up, I ask only because last year when you bought it you yourself stated you were selling it after only a few months because you never rode it, never had time, and didnt foresee having that time and being able to anytime in the near future...and since we havent heard much from you till recently I wasnt sure what you had been up to lately as far as learning to ride and such and before I would offer any tips or help its usually much more helpful to know skill levels and ability.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #42
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
...before I would offer any tips or help its usually much more helpful to know skill levels and ability.
Very good points, Rae. Very hard to offer solid advice without knowing the full background.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:28 PM   #43
1hottbikechic
Ninja Hottie

Moto: Sportbikes, MX

Thanks for checking in Rae and Nee... I actually put about 500-1000 miles on the bike myself... mainly beach trips but for me that is some good riding. It was mainly trip rides, not alot of in town, unless it was pretty day and I had to get to school or something. Only downed the bike once and that was in the first two weeks of owning it on a low speed turn. I felt pretty confident on the bike to the point I was starting to get bored. Thats when the boyfriend (who taught me how to ride) said maybe consider upgrading, nothing much bigger but a used 600.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:28 PM   #44
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hottbikechic View Post
Thanks for checking in Rae and Nee... I actually put about 500-1000 miles on the bike myself... mainly beach trips but for me that is some good riding. It was mainly trip rides, not alot of in town, unless it was pretty day and I had to get to school or something. Only downed the bike once and that was in the first two weeks of owning it on a low speed turn. I felt pretty confident on the bike to the point I was starting to get bored. Thats when the boyfriend (who taught me how to ride) said maybe consider upgrading, nothing much bigger but a used 600.

What kinda riding you planning on doing?
Old 05-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #45
neebelung

Quote:
Thats when the boyfriend (who taught me how to ride) said maybe consider upgrading, nothing much bigger but a used 600.
Well with only 500-1000 miles on it, I think he was wayyy premature in making that suggestion, but since it's already sold, not much ya can do about it now.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #46
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Well with only 500-1000 miles on it, I think he was wayyy premature in making that suggestion, but since it's already sold, not much ya can do about it now.
I endorse this statement 100%...as for new bike...perhaps a gixxer would be a good choice...but im biased like that!!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #47
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Wow, I think you're ready for a Busa now...
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #48
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

we gonna get into another one of these discussions? doesnt seem like she plans on doing much more than cruising on it, so whats the deal? She'll get a 600, cruise around on it for a bit, get used to it, and either 1 of 2 things will happen. She'll never ride again after she drops it or lowsides doing something silly, or she'll love it and get more serious about riding.

Either way is better than her keeping a perfectly good 500 in the garage thats not being used, when it could be put to good use in somebody elses stable.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #49
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
we gonna get into another one of these discussions?
What, are we supposed to lie and say "Oh that's a great idea!!! You're right, if you're bored, go ahead and get something bigger, even though you've got limited experience on the bike you had.... you'll be just fine."

She posted a question, and we're giving honest feedback... where's the crime in that?
Old 05-19-2008, 01:39 PM   #50
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
What, are we supposed to lie and say "Oh that's a great idea!!! You're right, if you're bored, go ahead and get something bigger, even though you've got limited experience on the bike you had.... you'll be just fine."

She posted a question, and we're giving honest feedback... where's the crime in that?
chill nee, she asked for suggestions on buying a bike, not on which type of bike to buy. she's been around the block enough times to know how we roll here. Plus shes not going to buy another 500 anyways.

go search for OTB's used bike buying guide, lots of good info there 1hbc.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote