Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #101
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
People buy in an area with a HOA because of the quality of life and property values. After that they complain that the same rules that help to prop up those property values won't let them do something that they want to. There's a lack of common sense at work here. That one thing is certain.
Around here people buy in an HOA because they don't have much of a choice. Every new neighborhood built here has an HOA. It's always the same, they start out with normal common sense rules like don't park a rusted boat in your front yard and gradually progress to complete idiocy with new rules like "vehicles can not display any form of business" so if you work for say AT&T you can not drive your work vehicle home when you're on call.

That's just one small example. This story is another.

I wonder how many HOA debates we've had here?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #102
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Hard to say you even own the inside, cuz you can pay your condo cash, and if you dont pay your condo fee's, they can still kick you the fuck out, from what I understand..

I've never seen the benefit of a condo apart from yard work and snow removal and both of those things are cheaper than condo fee's anyway.
And they did a shitty job of snow removal here today, man am I pissed! Posted pics on facebook, it's ridiculous!

HOA's sometimes just get off on their own power, weak people that make themselves feel better than you by making up archane rules and being bullies.

He's a HERO... he should be treated as such!

Last edited by sherri_chickie; 12-05-2009 at 10:51 PM..
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #103
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard
Tuesday , December 08, 2009

ADVERTISEMENTRICHMOND, Va. —

A 90-year-old Medal of Honor recipient can keep his 21-foot flagpole in his front yard after a homeowner's association dropped its request to remove it, a spokesman for Democratic Virginia Sen. Mark Warner said Tuesday.

The Sussex Square homeowners' association likewise has agreed to drop threats to take legal action against retired Army Col. Van T. Barfoot, Warner spokesman Kevin Hall said.

The association had threatened to take Barfoot to court if he failed to remove the pole from his suburban Richmond home by Friday. It had said the pole violated the neighborhood's aesthetic guidelines.

Neither Barfoot's daughter, Margaret Nicholls, nor homeowners' president Glenn Wilson immediately returned telephone messages.

Dropping the issue effectively ends a request that White House press secretary Robert Gibbs on Monday called "silly."

Warner and Sen. Jim Webb, both Virginia Democrats, had rallied behind Barfoot, a World War II veteran.

In a letter last week, Webb urged the association to "consider the exceptional nature of Col. Barfoot's service when considering his pride and determination in honoring our flag."

Barfoot's fight also has lit up veterans bulletin boards and blog sites supporting him.

Barfoot won the Medal of Honor for actions while his platoon was under German assault near Carano, Italy, in May 1944. He was credited with standing up to three German tanks with a bazooka and stopping their advance.

He also won the Purple Heart and other decorations, and served in Korea and Vietnam before retiring from the service in 1974.

SLIDESHOW: Medal of Honor Recipient Col. Van Barfoot

SEARCH
Click here for FOX News RSS Feeds

Advertise on FOX News Channel, FOXNews.com and FOX News Radio
Jobs at FOX News Channel.
Internships At Fox News (Summer Application Deadline is March 15, 2007)
Terms of use. Privacy Statement. For FOXNews.com comments write to
foxnewsonline@foxnews.com; For FOX News Channel comments write to
comments@foxnews.com
© Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright 2009 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.
All market data delayed 20 minutes.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #104
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

How could the HOA be so stupid. Did they not think word of this would spread?

Their director is probably a 64-year old fat woman owning 10 cats and driving an Avalon (Camry) or Lexus ES (still a Camry).

Last edited by Homeslice; 12-09-2009 at 12:21 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #105
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Told ya so.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #106
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Told ya so.
Did it for publicity, not because they were wrong.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #107
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Did it for publicity, not because they were wrong.
I agree.

I also agree that it should not have ever come to this. It seems as though the HOA didn't want to THINK in their process - they applied their rules with black and white lines.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #108
Destitute
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I also agree that it should not have ever come to this. It seems as though the HOA didn't want to THINK in their process - they applied their rules with black and white lines.
And now they've set a clear precedent that will make it very difficult to stop other residents from putting up a flag pole. Since this is Virginia, I imagine the place will look like a NASCAR track infield in no time. There goes the neighborhood.
Destitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #109
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I agree.

Sometimes they do this for good reason. Now if someone else in this community wants to fly a different flag (Confederate, Mexican, Anarchist) all they have to do is follow what this guy did. If the community tries to fight it they will enjoy a nice discrimination lawsuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destitute View Post
And now they've set a clear precedent that will make it very difficult to stop other residents from putting up a flag pole. Since this is Virginia, I imagine the place will look like a NASCAR track infield in no time. There goes the neighborhood.
You beat me to it.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #110
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

How about simply taking your chances when you buy a home. Find out as much as you can about your potential neighbors before you move there. And if someone in your hood does something you don't like, then get together with other neighbors and go talk to that person. If all else fails, then suck it up or move. HOA's are passive-avoidance crap, run by power-trippers.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote