Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

View Poll Results: Who will be the champ at the end of the year?
Max Biaggi 3 42.86%
Leon Haslam 0 0%
Jonathan Rea 2 28.57%
Tom Sykes 0 0%
James Toseland 0 0%
Nori Haga 2 28.57%
Ruben Xaus 0 0%
Jakub Smrz 0 0%
Marco Melandri 0 0%
Maxime Berger 0 0%
Troy Corser 0 0%
Chris Vermeulen 0 0%
Carlos Checa 0 0%
Roberto Rolfo 0 0%
Michael Fabrizio 0 0%
Leon Camier 0 0%
Eugene Laverty 0 0%
Ayrton Badovini 0 0%
Joan Lascorz 0 0%
Sylvain Guintoli 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Thumbs up 2011 WSBK pre-season predictions

Yup, in less than one month, on February 27th, the 1st race of the 2011 season will be here The race will be at the beautifully located Phillip Island on the coast of Austrailia, thus officially beginning the 2011 race season...

So let's talk some trash, and vote for a future champ...

The current champ, Max Biaggi, is returning for yet another year and bringing with him quite a few familiar faces, not to mention a few new ones as well...Mad Max was dominant in 2010, winning 10 races and getting on the rostrum countless other times...So I'll be hoping for a little more competition from all these new rides...

Personally, I'll be pulling for Jonathan Rea and his CBR 1000RR However, I'm keenly aware of the skill level of Max, Toseland, Haslam, Fabrizio, and always a bridesmaid Haga...And I'm sure they'll be a darkhorse rider battling up front the way Checa did last year...

So let's get it on
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

This is the final standings of last year...

1 Max Biaggi 451
2 Leon Haslam 376
3 Carlos Checa 297
4 Jonathan Rea 292
5 Cal Crutchlow 284
6 Nori Haga 258
7 Sylvain Guintoli 197
8 Michel Fabrizio 195
9 James Toseland 187
10 Shane Byrne 169
Old 01-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Max won through sheer consistancy last year. His endurance level was excellent and appeared far less winded afterwards than many of his rivals at almost half his age. I can't imagine his prep work slacking and another strong year would be a good stick in rossi's eye.

I expect him to do the double.

I also expect big things from sykes and lascorz. Hopefully the monster power of the new bike makes monza a kawi/aprilia slugfest. We'll see though
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #4
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

It'll be a free for all. I'm rooting for Sykes, Rea, Ole man Corser, and Xaus...oh and Haga. Well Laverty too. Fook I likes em all!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #5
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
oh and Haga.
Haga is a great racer, and even better when his bike is dialed in...I can't wait to see what he does on the Ape
Old 01-29-2011, 02:22 AM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Max won through sheer consistancy last year. His endurance level was excellent and appeared far less winded afterwards than many of his rivals at almost half his age. I can't imagine his prep work slacking and another strong year would be a good stick in rossi's eye.

I expect him to do the double.

I also expect big things from sykes and lascorz. Hopefully the monster power of the new bike makes monza a kawi/aprilia slugfest. We'll see though
"Monster power" hasn't helped BMW much...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
How would it be a stick in Rossi's eye? As I remember it, Rossi has a 500GP title, as well as 4 (or 5?) MotoGP titles. I'd say nothing Biaggi could do would match that. I do like Biaggi though, and hope he has another great season.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
How would it be a stick in Rossi's eye? As I remember it, Rossi has a 500GP title, as well as 4 (or 5?) MotoGP titles. I'd say nothing Biaggi could do would match that. I do like Biaggi though, and hope he has another great season.
Vale ain't doing so hot right now. Might be sandbagging, the other riders performance says otherwise. And with all the hoopla pointed at him about finally an italian on an italian bike in gp, should he fail, he couldn't help but notice that his old rival was the first italian to win the sbk championship, on an italian bike, in italy. Even better if he does the double

Last edited by Dave; 02-02-2011 at 09:28 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #9
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Vale ain't doing so hot right now. Might be sandbagging, the other riders performance says otherwise. And with all the hoopla pointed at him about finally an italian on an italian bike in gp, should he fail, he couldn't help but notice that his old rival was the first italian to win the sbk championship, on an italian bike, in italy. Even better if he does the double

Yet Biaggi was Rossi's bridesmaid how many times?

Rossi had one bad season, and came off a horrible injury. I's hardly say he wasnt doing shit hot. He had one bad season, and like I said, had to deal with a pretty bad injury.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #10
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Everybody is dogging rossi for finishing 12 in testing. The man just got off shoulder surgery. He cant even tuck fully, and has trouble in half of the turns. Ducati or not.... the man will be competitive nce he is healthy.

Whats worse is an injured Rossi still lapped faster than a healthy Hayden.... DOH!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote