Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #21
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Their tracking wasn't working all day today.

When you don't keep up with times, your company goes down the toilet. I guess they just thought that they had the mailing business for as long as America is alive. Doesn't seem so now. I'll lmao if UPS/Fedex start doing letter deliveries.

Those flat rate shipping boxes suck. I've never been able to use any of them because they're too small. I was able a couple times, but then I wouldn't have been able to put packing material in the box. To me, packaging is just as important as customer service if not more. It's a presentation of you (or company) and how you run things and how you treat people.

Last edited by Rangerscott; 10-18-2011 at 09:43 PM..
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #22
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

I live in Gaithersburg. We had a time warp. So sorry.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Their tracking wasn't working all day today.

When you don't keep up with times, your company goes down the toilet. I guess they just thought that they had the mailing business for as long as America is alive. Doesn't seem so now. I'll lmao if UPS/Fedex start doing letter deliveries.

Those flat rate shipping boxes suck. I've never been able to use any of them because they're too small. I was able a couple times, but then I wouldn't have been able to put packing material in the box. To me, packaging is just as important as customer service if not more. It's a presentation of you (or company) and how you run things and how you treat people.
You never know with ups/fed ex. I wiorked at ups for 11 years and the guys running the business have their shit together They did great with all this internet shopping business where as usps got killed by it. I pay almost all my bills online now so before where I would mail out 6 or 7 bills now its only one or 2. I also thing people are going to e-christmas cards too which will further hurt them.

Just heard today theyre raising the cost of a stamp and ar eclosing a shitload of offices. I know theyre talking about doing away with saturday delivery too.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #24
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Just heard today theyre raising the cost of a stamp and ar eclosing a shitload of offices. I know theyre talking about doing away with saturday delivery too.
They have an multi billion dollar medical fund payment to make in november that they simply cant afford. Getting rid of saturday deliver I can live with, even making it a premium service for those folks that need it is cool. Hell they could go down to mon/wed/fri service and I would never even notice it. Closing a large number of offices seems like smart business sense, if they are not making their share then shut em down, who really needs to talk to a live person anyway? They can easily have a machine dispense stamps, calculate postal codes for boxes etc..., remote PO box locations sound great too, they can even save some more cash by having the building lit with a motion sensing light switch. Then have a regional or county postal office with real live people and have all the mail go through there. It might mean a 100% revamp of the current system but it NEEDS to be done because mail deliver is essential
Old 10-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #25
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
You never know with ups/fed ex. I wiorked at ups for 11 years and the guys running the business have their shit together They did great with all this internet shopping business where as usps got killed by it. I pay almost all my bills online now so before where I would mail out 6 or 7 bills now its only one or 2. I also thing people are going to e-christmas cards too which will further hurt them.

Theyve been talking about no saturdays since my gramps was a post man 60 years ago.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #26
Krypt Keeper
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR1100XX, Daytona 600

Stamps going up $.01 to help with the hole they are in..

Just make it an even $1 and stop pissing around.
Krypt Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #27
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper View Post
Stamps going up $.01 to help with the hole they are in..

Just make it an even $1 and stop pissing around.
They just need to say fuck it and allow private businesses to start 1st class mail delivery. Then take the dumbasses and put them all on Passports so you don't have to wait in hour long lines just to have permission to leave the country.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #28
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Dealing with their shit right now. Package shows delivered as of yesterday. The tracking site went from no updates to delivered in about an hour. Problem is, I don't have the package. After calling the local branch, who told me to call the main number and dealing with the shit awful automated system that kept telling me that the package was delivered, I finally talked to an actual human being who put in a claim and will be having the local branch, who blew me off initially, look into the problem.

Any business that uses that many layers of automation before even talking to a human being needs a hasty bankruptcy. All it did was turn my annoyance and aggravation into burning hatred.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #29
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Should have said, "This is why all of you are getting laid off."

The ones that drive the gocarts (lol) are some lazy sobs. Men and women. They'll do everything they can with the vehicle so they dont have to get out of it and if they cant reach your your box then they drive off. I love it when we park in front of a mailbox while on a job site and thy give us that go to hell look. FUCK YOU YOU LAZY PIECE OF SHIT. My gramps walked his routes for 30+ years even when they made him drive one of those go carts. He'd just go park it some where.

Its super fun when they tske the time to tell me that its illegal to park in front of a mail box. We have a community box and those ass hats wont drop your package off at your door, they instead put that pink slip in your box that says come pick up your own shit.