Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #31
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Yep.........But it's not to avoid a lawsuit........ it's to play politics and position themselves as "culturally sensitive".

In education, job advancement is primarily perception-based, not performance-based. They might attempt to measure performance, but using bullshit methods.
Over here, its credit based.
The more school you have, the farther you go.

You start off with your masters and proper certs.
If you wanna move up, you take more classes. Get more certificates.
Do your time in the classroom and then when a spot opens up in admin you lay out your cards and hopefully the principal likes you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #32
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I know way to many people in education and I'm a nosey bastard so I'll pipe in about our area.

It may offend some but it should be said that this is specific to the tri state region.

Race is not a big factor in Administrator decisions. If you have a predominately black school, then chances are your school is in a poorer district and in that case parents are a non issue as they are not engaged. Occasionally in the really crappy neighborhoods you'll get a dead kid pop up for whatever reason and then you'll get "community leaders showing up to say "Somebody has got to do something!!" but it's a non-issue.

The big issue will usually be NCLB stuff and security. Not lawsuits.
Occasionally you get the issue of how it's racist that the school has crappy books or conditions but the reality the chart that shows the property tax numbers for the district, folks walk away grumbling.

In mixed schools, there are no lawsuits "due to race". There are no discrimination issues unless you have some faculty member claiming they were passed over due to race. Usually the end result is union rep pointing out "Well....you were passed over because you called in sick half the year and your averages suck".

In the "nice neighborhoods" filled predominately white, middle to upper midle class students?

Lawsuit threat after lawsuit threat after lawsuit threat.

When you have spoiled suburbanites raising spoiled suburbanites who have discretionary income to blow on a lawyer....you have lawsuit nonsense.

When you have neighborhoods where families can afford to have a "stay at home" parent who can have the free time watching the talk show circuit or local news....you have lawsuit nonsense.

Discrimination lawsuits are not a risk. Race issues are not a financial risk. They may be a security risk but not a huge financial risk.
man you summed up long island in one post

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #33
goof2
AMA Supersport

I wasn't thinking about parents filing suit, rather community organizations. Maybe lawsuits aren't a major concern though. If that is the case I suspect what Homeslice mentioned does become an issue.

As for the progression of administration, I don't think the level you are talking about paul is where these decisions are made. Isn't the district/school board level where these decisions are made?
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote