Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #51
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Dude I'm saddened, one of my goals for this riding season was for us to hook up for some riding since you had picked up the GSXR up off and around 421/Shady Valley etc....
Either NESBA Patriot days, and still trying to determine the perfect Barber weekend
Old 02-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #52
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Either NESBA Patriot days, and still trying to determine the perfect Barber weekend
Sounds perfect tached1000rr, since I recall you wanting to do a track day.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #53
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Dude, all you did at the rally was ride as fast as possible.
Thats what you think of me...Honestly I wasnt pushing myself nearly as much as I COULD have...Frankly I dont have the desire to.

We were riding at a pretty spirited pace on certain parts of the ride...I enjoyed it but I could've pushed it further than I really did.

And on blood mountain I was asked to go a bit faster when I was 2up...but again I wasnt pushing it hard or feeling like I NEEDED to go faster to enjoy myself.

I wasnt trying to impress anyone. Even though I already know your going to rebutle with "yes you were ginger this blah blah blah"
Old 02-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #54
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Thats what you think of me...Honestly I wasnt pushing myself nearly as much as I COULD have...Frankly I dont have the desire to.

We were riding at a pretty spirited pace on certain parts of the ride...I enjoyed it but I could've pushed it further than I really did.

And on blood mountain I was asked to go a bit faster when I was 2up...but again I wasnt pushing it hard or feeling like I NEEDED to go faster to enjoy myself.

I wasnt trying to impress anyone. Even though I already know your going to rebutle with "yes you were ginger this blah blah blah"
Seriously dude, you can't fucking lie to me or anyone at the rally. The first rally, it was just ridiculous. You rode above your head several times that I am aware of. None us at the rally are fucking idiots when it comes to riding. You have no control, no lines, extremely poor body position, and enough arrogance to think you know how to ride well.

You really need to go to a track day in novice and LISTEN to the instructors. NOT A SINGLE PERSON AT THE RALLY WANTED YOU BEHIND THEM. You just plain ride unsafe for any of us to be around.

Maybe you can use this as a wake up call and invest in learning more control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #55
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

I plan on doing a trackday this year.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #56
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:

as Trip said... you rode above your head... yes, you may have ridden faster... doesn't mean safely.

honestly I can't speak for everyone. but the rally was more about having fun riding WITH ya'll not pushing it... shit Trip, Kyle, Drewpy, Derf... and quite a few others can fuck'n haul ass... I'd have no chance...

all I can say is from inside my helmet, you didn't appear safe, and I made sure I kept extra following distance and always knew where you were.

take it how you will... but the whole " your a ginger blah blah blah" is exactly why I never said anything... because knew you wouldn't take it seriously... I just hoped you'd scare yourself just enough that maturity would kick in and cause you to be safer (notice I didn't say slower)
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #57
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Why would you think i wouldnt take it seriously? You guys have met me twice...and done nothing but belittle me for my hair color.

Frankly I dont give a fuck about that...(The hair color) but if you honestly felt that way then say something.

I dont have anything remotly close to the roads I've ridden in GA/TN/NC/SC where I live...PA is probably the best bet but I've not gone over to far into the state to ride.

I enjoyed myself at BOTH rally's and only Twice would I say i felt like I had an Oh shit moment and one of them I was following Trip who blew the corner just like Me.

If your gonna attack me...go for it...Better to know im not wanted around before I show up to another gathering
Old 02-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #58
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Why would you think i wouldnt take it seriously? You guys have met me twice...and done nothing but belittle me for my hair color.

Frankly I dont give a fuck about that...(The hair color) but if you honestly felt that way then say something.

I dont have anything remotly close to the roads I've ridden in GA/TN/NC/SC where I live...PA is probably the best bet but I've not gone over to far into the state to ride.

I enjoyed myself at BOTH rally's and only Twice would I say i felt like I had an Oh shit moment and one of them I was following Trip who blew the corner just like Me.

If your gonna attack me...go for it...Better to know im not wanted around before I show up to another gathering
like I said take it how you will... if you really think we're just attacking you and not trying to keep you safe... awesome... I'll be sure to avoid riding at any rally you're riding at.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #59
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

No i understand what your saying Brandon. It's just funny how it gets said after the fact.

I honestly would have no problem with someone saying hey...try this it might smooth your line out or hey do this etc etc.

And I was serious...I plan on doing a trackday with a buddy of mine. Maybe more if the funds allow it.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #60
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA

I "blundered" into motorcyling more than a decade ago after helping a friend rebuild his GPZ750 Turbo. It was one of those "the universe is trying to tell you something" sorts of deals that had me start out on a P-o-S EX500 (Sportbike). Riding it in craped-out condition, rebuilding it, then learning how to ride it "right" put me in a place/mindset/experience-base to move onto an Aprilia Falco (Bigger, MUCH faster Sport Touring bike). Wrong. Big mistake.

I never knew I had an adrenaline junkie evil twin. Enough common sense, and a real "what do I really enjoy about riding" analysis led me to the proverbial Blue KoolAid (a.k.a. BMW). Its an odd thing to realize that your bike can be a reflection of your state of mind or happiness with life.

While a wonderful recreational bike, an R80 ('Standard'/naked motorcycle - also learning more and more about the mechanics of a motorcycle - it was a main engine bearings out complete rebuild project) was unfortunately not happy as a commuter bike in the Texas Summers. Through another one of those "universe is talking to you LOUDLY" things, I was lead to a K75S (Sport Touring Bike)- for me the "perfect" motorcycle: Enough sport to keep the 'junkie' entertained, yet tranquil and relaxed to just enjoy the ride and the day, and it won't overheat even on a 100+ degree day, sitting at idle (though your shins may be cooked to medium-well).

Some get off the street and onto the dirt. Some get off the dirt and onto the street. Some just migrate to a track. Some start out and stay on the street. Why do any of us ride what we do? You might as well analyze the logic as to why any of us have the friends/SO's/spouses we have as well.

Last edited by JoshuaTree; 02-22-2011 at 06:33 PM..
JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote