Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 11-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #31
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Now in YOUR case,I suggest a nice shiny 50cc scooter! Now don't hurt yourself sweetie!
Can I stunt on it yo? Can I do the mad fresh stoppies or pimp out some dope wheelies?

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
fyi, it's a copy and paste

but anyways as you can see there are more YAYs then Nays

but keep on keepin on

i'll keep teaching noobs and you keep talking to em.

Um...the "yeas" never even read your entire post....trust me,I know these guys.

Oh and you can shit can the "I'm so much better than you because I teach MSF" attitude as well. Oh and I took MSF AND have assisted a few times back in the day. Whoopie Doo!!! You're like an elementary school basketball coach trying to take credit for Michael Jordan's NBA career. Yeesh...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Can I stunt on it yo? Can I do the mad fresh stoppies or pimp out some dope wheelies?
Actually,some scooters do quite nice wheelies! I know a guy here who has custom painted his scooter and it even has NEON!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #34
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
HA I knew it you !!! Seriously,if you are VERY,VERY,VERY bored read it and tell me what you think. PM me if you don't want to upset your new BFF!!!

Oh and I think that the author just thought he found somewhere new to post his long winded dissertation on why he knows best and everyone else is stupid if they don't agree with him.
tig... with 600+ post a day now I doubt I'll be getting bored enough to read all that...

but I'll make an effort tonight.

but like I said... I think it's the BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY standpoint... I think he knows not everyone is going to listen to him... but the ones that do... will "probably" be better off.

the thing is they have nothing to loose (other than some douchbags opinion of them) by starting small. but it's impossible to give general advice like that and have it apply to everyone.

I think they guy just assumed that we may have some new riders or wanna be's and is offering up some advice. knowing most won't take it.

Oh... and Racer-X... meet Tigger
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
tig... with 600+ post a day now I doubt I'll be getting bored enough to read all that...

but I'll make an effort tonight.

but like I said... I think it's the BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY standpoint... I think he knows not everyone is going to listen to him... but the ones that do... will "probably" be better off.

the thing is they have nothing to loose (other than some douchbags opinion of them) by starting small. but it's impossible to give general advice like that and have it apply to everyone.

I think they guy just assumed that we may have some new riders or wanna be's and is offering up some advice. knowing most won't take it.

Oh... and Racer-X... meet Tigger
Oh I know...Ya gotta admit,that was quite some fucking post to be one of your first posts on a new forum...I mean really. Self-important much? Seriously,I bet this motherfucker has posted this shit on EVERY motorcycle board he's ever been on!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #36
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Oh I know...Ya gotta admit,that was quite some fucking post to be one of your first posts on a new forum...I mean really. Self-important much? Seriously,I bet this motherfucker has posted this shit on EVERY motorcycle board he's ever been on!
yeah odd not to get a few post in here first... but... give him a break... Tigg... he's a noob here... doesn't realize just how much this sort of thing gets to you
Old 11-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
yeah odd not to get a few post in here first... but... give him a break... Tigg... he's a noob here... doesn't realize just how much this sort of thing gets to you

It's just that this isn't a NOOB haven. Heck,I went back to and every other post is some noob asking questions. That is one of my favorite things about this board almost zero new riders! I mean if he would have taken the time to read some of the threads in this sub forum,he would have seen that this shit has been covered ad nauseum already and that there were almost no "what should I get for my first bike?" threads here.

Ok I'm taking deep breaths......alright cool...

Hey RacerX welcome to TWFix!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:30 PM   #38
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

it's nice to a point... but we want this place to grow... noobs are inevitable.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #39
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Actually,some scooters do quite nice wheelies! I know a guy here who has custom painted his scooter and it even has NEON!!!!
Once upon a time when the money flowed a little better than a slow drip, and I didn't treat my credit like a drunken prom date, I tried to haggle a local scooter place on the price of an ItalJet Dragster 180 that was sitting in their tiny showroom. I'll wager dollars to donuts that little monster would get up on a wheel with very little coaxing. But they can still eat shit on a $4K asking price for used product. Don't care how rare they are around these parts, back then it was (and still is) a used 600 or damn close to it.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #40
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Once upon a time when the money flowed a little better than a slow drip, and I didn't treat my credit like a drunken prom date, I tried to haggle a local scooter place on the price of an ItalJet Dragster 180 that was sitting in their tiny showroom. I'll wager dollars to donuts that little monster would get up on a wheel with very little coaxing. But they can still eat shit on a $4K asking price for used product. Don't care how rare they are around these parts, back then it was (and still is) a used 600 or damn close to it.
4k!? fuck.... I got my 05 ZZR600 with 618 miles in Jan of 06 for 4999 OTD with an arai profile helmet included...

your ass is getting ripped off if you buy a scooter for 2K+ IMO