Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:23 AM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I hope the owner of Yamaha doesn't see it. He'll take the guy's head off in a ceremonial ritual using a katana. I want front row action.

Oh you see ALOT of that around here! On the real,I sometimes wonder what the engineers who work so hard to make their bikes the razor sharp canyon carvers that they are think when people go and fuck their creations up so bad! I am the original "live and let live" guy on this forum but man this shit ALWAYS breaks my heart! Why didn't this guy buy a HD Destroyer or even a 'Busa for that matter? No offense,but I'm curious with a 600s torque numbers,how well the bike goes...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #43
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
nice dude. DId you just make that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Why didn't this guy buy a HD Destroyer or even a 'Busa for that matter? No offense,but I'm curious with a 600s torque numbers,how well the bike goes...
That's my main thought.... it's not like it's a stretched out busa or anything.... it's a fucking new-generation r6. Why would you take a rev-happy, no-midrange-torque, razor-sharp handling track day weapon and do that to it? Retarded.

I know there's that whole "let's be different and unique" thing, but really I've never bought it.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #44
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

The only positive thing I can say is it looks like it'll be easy to change back to normal.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #45
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

600 are cheaper. think about it. busas, 14's 10,500 and up for a new one. 6's are in the 8800+ range about right? that extra few grand pays for the rear tire/rim/swingarm.

guys that build custom bikes dont give a fuck what the bike was made for. they see it as a blank canvas.

i never understood why alotta guys would rather see a busa done like this than a r6. i mean, either way it looks like ass, but what difference does it make the bike they use?

kinda like that guy awhile back that chopped up a super rare pristine numbers matching 427 fuel injected 63 vette to turn it in2 a pro street car. ppl wanted to kill that guy lol

its his car, its their bike, and they like it. they dont give a fuck what you think, cuz it aint yours.
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #46
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
i never understood why alotta guys would rather see a busa done like this than a r6. i mean, either way it looks like ass, but what difference does it make the bike they use?
So there's no difference if someone puts a 5" lift kit and 36" mud tires on a Ferrari as opposed to a ford F150?
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
So there's no difference if someone puts a 5" lift kit and 36" mud tires on a Ferrari as opposed to a ford F150?
Damn,you beat me! The other thing everyone down here does is lift sedans and put huge rims and tires on them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
600 are cheaper. think about it. busas, 14's 10,500 and up for a new one. 6's are in the 8800+ range about right? that extra few grand pays for the rear tire/rim/swingarm.

guys that build custom bikes dont give a fuck what the bike was made for. they see it as a blank canvas.

kinda like that guy awhile back that chopped up a super rare pristine numbers matching 427 fuel injected 63 vette to turn it in2 a pro street car. ppl wanted to kill that guy lol

its his car, its their bike, and they like it. they dont give a fuck what you think, cuz it aint yours.
I agree with this but as with all "art",beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I had a guy tell me that the gold on my bike looked like shit and another that gave me crap about the carbon fiber... Oh and my supervisor HATED the white rims! Ofcourse,he was the same guy that told me I looked stupid/gay when I wore my A* jacket, boots,gloves with my matching Arai helmet.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 05-15-2008 at 01:28 PM..
Old 05-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #48
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

lol you jackass-you know this isnt something that translates over to cars that easily.
plus you need more than a 5in lift for a ferrari if you wana put some 36 boggers on it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I had a guy tell me that the gold on my bike looked like shit and another that gave me crap about the carbon fiber...
exactly-but its your bike and u think it looks badass. fuck them.

plus, its a yamaha. its not like its a fuckin duc tri color ceo.

its the equivalent of taking a hummer(or any off-road caliber truck), baggin it and body dropping it with some 26" rims. most people say its a waste of a truck-whats the point of a truck that cant clear a stack of nickels or carry anything in the bed right? others love it.
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #49
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
nice dude. DId you just make that?
Yup.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote