Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 05-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i
Default New lid for me! =)

Just picked this bad boy up yesterday, as I've been getting more and more fed up lately with my damn 1.5 year old Scorpion EXO-1000 that's seemingly forever falling apart. I got tired of trying to fix it so out it goes, and back to Shoei I go, lol. Had an '06 RF-1000 that I had for almost 5 years and 147k miles of use and it was fantastic, then got lured into the EXO-1000 by some of it's fancy farkles, which were definitely cool, but they just don't hold up to the kind of serious use that I put my gear through.

Picked this up off craigslist, it's literally in like new condition and not so much as a scratch on it anywhere. You'd never even know it had been worn (dude said it got worn 6 times.... sold his bike so selling all the gear too). Just had to go up to Knoxville, TN saturday to pick it up (but ended having to go to Knoxville saturday for a funeral anyways, so it wasn't even an extra trip). Dude was real cool and held it all week for me since monday without even paying him for it yet

RF-1100 Hadron

Wore it all day today on my way home from Franklin, NC (~9 hr ride, even though it's only like 3 hrs away, if that.... I have a bad habit of taking the super scenic route, lol), and it was sooooooooo much better! More comfortable, doesn't give me a headache after a couple hours, much lighter, and the ventilation is insane! Now I just need to pick up a tinted visor and I'll be all set. Now I may send the Scorpion in and try and get everything that's broken on it fixed under warranty, and just keep it as a spare or for passengers if I ever actually take any

And yea... you guys would hate me if I told you what I paid for it....

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

cool, seen your pictures of you posing it on your bike at some scenic overlook.

What broke on your scorpion?
Old 05-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
thirdgenlxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
cool, seen your pictures of you posing it on your bike at some scenic overlook.

What broke on your scorpion?
The big rubbery seal thingy at the bottom that holds everything up in there is falling off (common prob on the EXO-1000), the little plastic screws that hold the visor plates on have broken multiple times (the heads break off), and most recently they broke off the left side, which also has the little lever to operate the inner sun visor. Well when the screws broke that side plate popped out a little bit, lever fell out and inner (tinted) visor flopped down and wouldn't stay back up since there was no lever on it. Had to take that visor out completely just so I could see (coming down Deals Gap at night). And since the visor plate isn't sitting flush, the main visor doesn't always fully close either. The visors scratch horribly, already had to replace one cuz the entire thing was scratched so badly just from wiping rain off with the rubber wiper on the thumb of my glove, that I literally almost couldn't see out of it anymore. The "anti fog" visor also fogged up worse than my old RF-1000 did, and when it fogged it turned into a thick condensation on the inside of the visor, so unlike regular fogging it would not go away when you crack the visor for a few secs. Also did the same thing riding in any medium+ kind of rain..... almost had to pull over and stop a few times cuz I couldn't see ANYTHING cuz the inside of the visor was so wet (with it fully closed). Plus little stuff like the finish on the vents is almost completely worn off.... almost looks sandblasted, lol

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
Old 05-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Sweet lid. Gonna put another 147k on with it?
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
thirdgenlxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Sweet lid. Gonna put another 147k on with it?
Don't put it past me!!

Thanks guys!! Yea I really love this thing alot! Nice and comfy like my old RF-1000 was, but now a little lighter too! I definitely have to get a tinted or mirrored visor though... riding to work in the mornings with the clear one going against the sun, I almost can't even keep my eyes open, lol

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Yeah people wonder why Scorpions are so cheap.........Well there's your answer. Plus, they've heavier than average.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote