Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southwest Riders

Old 04-13-2008, 05:10 PM   #21
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
How's this for an excuse...the hubby is still getting over being sick so instead of going riding we walked here...

a shitty one. now if you said we're gonna fuck on our back porch and here's the view out... you'd be on to something
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #22
p00kienrayray
dope fiend

Moto: JICKSIR SICKS HUNNERD

hey cunts,
to all outside of Cali, don't feel so bad...though it was ridiculously hot today, it was a rather bad riding day for me.
First off my pack of 4 turned into a pack of 12! I was like WTF? Most of em were newb kids on brand new r1's. Come to think of it, mine was the only 600 there.
Went to Ortega canyon rd, left an hour late cuz of those fags. When we got there, a rider went head on with a car. Luckily he survived, but they shut down the rd for like 2 hrs. So we stopped at one of the lookout points. But riders kept piling up there that I was blocked in by a good 5 or 6 bikes, so I just waited it out. By the time it freed up, too many cars on the road.
The most action I got was a nice looping on ramp LOL.
but I did manageto snap some pix of my gsxr boxed in. I'll try to post em up LOL.
overall a WASTE of a good day.
p00kienrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #23
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

fuck that... no good... if I were you... next time I'd split off and go get lost by myself if the group got that big with that many new riders.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #24
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

yeah i gotta work on one of my guard buddies. He just picked up a new ZX6R and is already talking about a 1K next year, after only 300 miles.
Rode with him today, and he has a LOT to learn, paying attention to his surroundings is one of 'em.

I hope I can help him out somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #25
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
yeah i gotta work on one of my guard buddies. He just picked up a new ZX6R and is already talking about a 1K next year, after only 300 miles.
Rode with him today, and he has a LOT to learn, paying attention to his surroundings is one of 'em.

My buddy went from a katana for one ohio riding season to a zx10r with a tre, pcIII, and full yoshi system after about 2-3k miles. He is pumped that he now has a hat and watch that go well with his bike (since he decides that short rides he doesnt need a helmet for). And his idea of leathers are a leather jacket from a leather outlet, strictly casual, no protection what so ever. I did refer him to this site though so hopefully he'll join and we can pull his head out of his ass for him. If not he may be a lost cause.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:15 PM   #26
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:

damn... well in ND i can KINDA see how you'd want it... but shit my bike has more than enough power for me... and with all my mods it's still down on a new ZX6R...

your buddy go through MSF?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #27
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
damn... well in ND i can KINDA see how you'd want it... but shit my bike has more than enough power for me... and with all my mods it's still down on a new ZX6R...

your buddy go through MSF?
No... trying to get him to do that too.
He's just got his permit now, waiting till may to take his license test with the DMV.

He does need to learn to LEAN the bike... In his 300 miles, he's used less of the 160 rear on the ZX6 than I used in the first DAY on my 1125.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #28
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

well turned about 20 cold weather miles.. short loop i do when i want to warm the chain after cleaning it to lube it.. it was miserable at best.. i believe it was 41 degrees when i left and it felt more like 10 degrees.. fuck it though it was good to ride.. sun was out.. i am going to keep turning miles and sooner or later it will get warm..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #29
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
No... trying to get him to do that too.
He's just got his permit now, waiting till may to take his license test with the DMV.

He does need to learn to LEAN the bike... In his 300 miles, he's used less of the 160 rear on the ZX6 than I used in the first DAY on my 1125.
well once he get's leaned over he'll probably realize that the ZX6 has more power than he needs...

and he's probably trying to keep up with you and the 1125r that's why he want's that extra 400cc's
Old 04-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I've figured out how I am going to deal with squidly motherfuckers from this point on... Some joker shows up with a literbike and can't ride worth a shit... I'm going to take him to the twistiest road I can find (which might take a while down here) and just smoke the motherfucker... When I get to the end, I'll wait... take off my gear and take a nap... Then when he finally catches up, I'm gonna tell him how slow his bike is.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote