Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

ha ha lol
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yea, I bought a set of the Senas last week and installed them in my and my GF's helmets. Not really impressed after coming from the top of the line J&M headphones, sound quality-wise but we'll see once we road test them.

Nick, I'm surprised that the unit knows the difference between your GPS and your phone... BTW why don't you just use your phone for all three? j/k

I have a similar problem, as I have a GPS, radar detector and phone. I don't trust BT with radar alerts so I have mine wired to the headset 3.5mm with a splitter that puts the GPS on the left and the radar on the right. I can listen to music off the GPS in mono if I really want...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

My GPS can access my phone and I can dial and access my phonebook through it while I am riding because it's glove friendly and waterproof. I like the routing on the garmin as I can setup my routes a lot easier and I don't need cell service or take up any unnecessary memory usage on my cell, which is important because I ride where there is little or no cell service of any network.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
My GPS can access my phone and I can dial and access my phonebook through it while I am riding because it's glove friendly and waterproof. I like the routing on the garmin as I can setup my routes a lot easier and I don't need cell service or take up any unnecessary memory usage on my garmin, which is important because I ride where there is little or no cell service of any network.
so you connect your phone to the Garmin then the Garmin to the Sena?

I like the fact the I can use the Garmin to access my phone book. I also like that the Garmin allows me to play my books on tape and keeps track of my place no matter what.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
so you connect your phone to the Garmin then the Garmin to the Sena?

I like the fact the I can use the Garmin to access my phone book. I also like that the Garmin allows me to play my books on tape and keeps track of my place no matter what.
Yep, the only issue with doing it that way is my use of the GPS as my main device overrides anything else trying to access the sena. So if someone tries to talk to me, I won't know it because GPS has priority built into the Sena. As long as audio is coming from the GPS, the Sena plays it over anything else.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #16
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Nick, I'm surprised that the unit knows the difference between your GPS and your phone...
Read the manual, anything connected to it is prioritized based on what it is. It knows what you connect to it.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #17
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Yep, the only issue with doing it that way is my use of the GPS as my main device overrides anything else trying to access the sena. So if someone tries to talk to me, I won't know it because GPS has priority built into the Sena. As long as audio is coming from the GPS, the Sena plays it over anything else.
be nice for solo trips though!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
be nice for solo trips though!
It rules for solo trips. The only time I really used it where it was an issue is trips with andrea, but she just taps me on the shoulder when she wants to talk.

When Kyle used her set on the BRP trip, we just kept it on talk mode the entire way. The conversation was hilarious. "Pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay girls..."
Old 03-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #19
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
It rules for solo trips. The only time I really used it where it was an issue is trips with andrea, but she just taps me on the shoulder when she wants to talk.

When Kyle used her set on the BRP trip, we just kept it on talk mode the entire way. The conversation was hilarious. "Pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay pret-tay girls..."

and you wonder why the batteries died so quick
Old 03-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
and you wonder why the batteries died so quick
The batteries didn't die quick. It lasted a full day and half of the second day. The problem was we were camping. We couldn't recharge them at night, so I recharged one in the morning, while he used the other one and then we changed when it was recharged and I recharged the second one. He didn't have a powerlet on his bike or we could of just recharged both while we were riding.