Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-16-2010, 05:32 AM   #11
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Yea, because kids raised by the Government turn out fine right?
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:01 AM   #12
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I can't agree with this law. But if someone comes across the U.S. illegally and downloads a kid then the kid can either become the state's kid and the mother/father go home or they can take their kid back to Mexico/Canada/Mordor/etc if they denounce their child's citizenship.

That would make things interesting.
This. I don't think it's necessary to deny the kid citizenship, but I do think that kid is absolutely NOT an excuse for the parents to stay. The kid is a citizen, so he/she can stay here, but the parents need to GTFO and come in the legal way. If the parents don't want to be separated from the baby, that's cool- they can take it with them.

Of course, I also think it's high time the US starts billing the Mexican government for all the hospital bills racked up by its citizens.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #13
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Nope, i expect the US to royally screw up every kid it gets,
Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #14
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Maybe that should be something the parents should consider before putting their child in that situation.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I don't think they "consider" much of anything, including birth control.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #16
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

While Kavanagh is absolutely wrong about the intent of The Framers, where the concept of being born to citizenship is concerned, I think that it would be a reasonable accommodation to state that the parents must actually be in the country legally for the 14th Amendment to apply.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #17
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
While Kavanagh is absolutely wrong about the intent of The Framers, where the concept of being born to citizenship is concerned, I think that it would be a reasonable accommodation to state that the parents must actually be in the country legally for the 14th Amendment to apply.
This.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #18
goof2
AMA Supersport

To the framers issue, I'm not sure their intent should be the overriding factor in this anyway. I'll be kind and say their track record was a bit "poor" on citizenship and rights when it came to non-whites and non-males.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #19
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Between government schools, government hand outs, and more we pretty much are already raised by the government. And yes we turn out fucked up dumbasses.

If the parents know that just becuase their kid is born in the US and becomes a citizen it doesn't mean they get to stay, I bet you'll see a lot less women coming across the border the minute they feel labor pains.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #20
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Nope, i expect the US to royally screw up every kid it gets,
Absolutely, and then turn them loose in society with whatever problems they've developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Maybe that should be something the parents should consider before putting their child in that situation.
Its probably something they considered when they decided to leave behind everything they've ever known and risk life, limb and freedom to make it to a country that, even with menial work, they have a much higher chance to have a decent quality of life in. I mean, Detroit is a shithole but I'd rather live there than Juarez.

I understand where you guys are coming from, but I can't be angry or wish ill against people who are simply trying to make it. I'm not anointing them as saints or even excuse any of the bad behavior that may be displayed when they come here (Hey Spic, our sewers here actually work in all 50 states. Flush your fucking toilet paper before I make you eat it.) But, I can see it from their point of view.

If you want to be America the great and free and all the other bullshit every politician from here to NYC spouts on a daily basis then you have to fight against discriminatory immigration policies. And if you don't want to do that you can still rally against American government policies that put other countries in dire situations, such as the war on drugs which is currently decimating northern Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Between government schools, government hand outs, and more we pretty much are already raised by the government. And yes we turn out fucked up dumbasses.

If the parents know that just becuase their kid is born in the US and becomes a citizen it doesn't mean they get to stay, I bet you'll see a lot less women coming across the border the minute they feel labor pains.
You speak as if loving parents in a stable environment count for nothing. Can you give specific examples of women crossing the border when they're about to bust or account for what percentage they make up of total illegal immigrants?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote