Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #11
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I'd say if he knew he "forgot" to pay, he was aware of it and assumed like so many other americans today that he'd get a free ride and they'd take care of it anyway he just ignored the letter or bill I'm sure he was sent. They probably send it out with tax statements n such.

Not saying they were right to let his place burn.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

You want the service... you pay for it... I'd guess this guy "forgot" to pay for years... What's worse? This guy's house burning down, or everyone house burning down because the fire dept. cannot afford to put out fires because they gave away so many freebies?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You want the service... you pay for it... I'd guess this guy "forgot" to pay for years... What's worse? This guy's house burning down, or everyone house burning down because the fire dept. cannot afford to put out fires because they gave away so many freebies?
How many houses are burning down on a regular basis? Fee or not... Are they called every week to run water from their truck?

Plus the asshole said on the phone he'd pay what he owed. I think that right there says "ok I admit I skipped your fee's but I'll pay them now put my fire out".

Fuck those firefighters I hope they burn in their sleep for letting defenseless animals die.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #14
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
How many houses are burning down on a regular basis? Fee or not... Are they called every week to run water from their truck?

Plus the asshole said on the phone he'd pay what he owed. I think that right there says "ok I admit I skipped your fee's but I'll pay them now put my fire out".

Fuck those firefighters I hope they burn in their sleep for letting defenseless animals die.
It's called personal responsibility. You don't pay, you don't play.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #15
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
After the blaze, South Fulton police arrested one of Cranick's sons, Timothy Allen Cranick, on an aggravated assault charge, according to WPSD-TV, an NBC station in Paducah, Ky.
I can't say I disagree with his approach...
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #16
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
i'm willing to bet his taxes aren't any lower out in the boonies.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #17
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I'm thinking....how is this much different than mob shaking down a neighborhood for "protection?"

The mob says....Don't want your business to have an accident? PAY US.

The fire department in BFE here says....Don't want your home to burn up? PAY US.

Seriously? What kind of fucking shake down is that?

And I'm with Dave...what the fuck are his property taxes buying if not fire and police service?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #18
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
It's called personal responsibility. You don't pay, you don't play.
Hmmm

Quote:
Cranick says he told the operator he would pay whatever is necessary to have the fire put out.
Even goomba guido mob scum would take advantage here.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #19
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

Shocking he all of a sudden discovered the value in paying for firefighting service about the same time his house caught on fire. At that point what stops everyone in the community from not paying right up until their house catches on fire? I understand your hatred of the firefighters but how about spreading around some of your "die in a fire" attitude to the homeowners for being irresponsible and not paying their bills as well?

Sounds like this community needs to reevaluate their current system. Set it up to put a levy against the homeowners land for the cost of fighting the fire. Don't allow the issue of any building permits for repairs until the levy is paid. If it isn't paid after a reasonable amount of time foreclose on the land and sell it at auction. The homeowner may even be able to put in a claim for the cost against their homeowners insurance.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #20
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Hmmm

Even goomba guido mob scum would take advantage here.
They need to put on the books an outrageous amount for these certain situations. You don't wanna pay dues? Well guess what you get to pay the whole counties dues for next year.