Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 05-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceaholic View Post
I just realized earlier I used the words "Icon" and "fashion" in the same sentence....my apologies.
Dude, not liking their style and claiming that the gear isn't as protective as like grade/price gear from other companies is two different things. Trust me, I guarantee you that if you buy a $150 jacket from either A*, Joe Rocket or Icon, you will receive similar protection. Conversely, if you purchase a $500 jacket from any of these companies.... Dollar for dollar, I would gladly put Icon gear up against anyone else!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #22
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

If you are comparing the same price point, Icon's leather is just as good as Alpinestars & Joe Rocket. Of course that's not saying much........None of those company's leather is as good as RS Taichi, Spidi, Dainese, Kushitani, Vanson.....

The thing about Alpinestars is, their cheap jackets use leather that is kind of cardboard-like. You have to spend a couple hundred more bucks to get Alpinestar's better stuff. So, no duh, a $600 Alpinestars jacket is going to have better leather than a $250-300 Icon jacket. No shit. But a $250 Alpinestars jacket isn't going to be better than a $250 Icon jacket.

As for the stitching quality, who knows.

As far as textile goes, I don't own any textile jackets so I can't compare them. If I was going to buy a textile jacket I'd buy a Rev'It, they are loaded with features and built really well, but most people would not be willing to pay that kind of price for a textile jacket.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-06-2010 at 01:36 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #23
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Dude, not liking their style and claiming that the gear isn't as protective as like grade/price gear from other companies is two different things. Trust me, I guarantee you that if you buy a $150 jacket from either A*, Joe Rocket or Icon, you will receive similar protection. Conversely, if you purchase a $500 jacket from any of these companies.... Dollar for dollar, I would gladly put Icon gear up against anyone else!
True
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #24
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
All I was saying from the beginning was that I've seen some Icon gear explode when it probably shouldn't have. Especially the textile jackets.

If I order one of those helmets will you wear it at the rally? It will be yours to keep...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #25
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
If I order one of those helmets will you wear it at the rally? It will be yours to keep...
I think you just cost yourself a helmet.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
All I was saying from the beginning was that I've seen some Icon gear explode when it probably shouldn't have. Especially the textile jackets.

Hell yea, bro! I hate that lid but I can always use one more for the collection!!! We were trying to find pink fins for my gf's lid as she has the same Icon helmet but a different design. Oh and I take a large btw. Heck, I'll paint it black and buy all that Batman gear they have out!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #27
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I think you just cost yourself a helmet.
Yeah...I forgot who I was talking to for a minute.
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yeah...I forgot who I was talking to for a minute.
thanks for the new kid brother!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #29
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

All this and the poor kid was asking about decals for his bike
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote: