Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
I wonder that myself. Ive never smoked anything in my life but I do have a few pot head friends thatd probably be willing to try it.

It probably keeps that unsightly tar stain from forming on your bong...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:25 AM   #22
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
warm water and dish soap.
Bare hands and Dawn FTW! Sometimes I use glass cleaner or rubbing alcohol if I don't have the time or what have you to pull the visor and clean it in the sink. I do keep it waxed with Mcguires cleaner polish to help with the bug guts and to help shed water if I get caught out.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #23
was92v
Nowhere Man

Spray & Shine for a quickie. If the shield is off the helmet, warm water and mild soap, dry with a soft cloth. I never use a paper towel, they all scratch. For the dried bugs that have been there a few days, place a damp cloth over the shield and let it stay there for 10-15 minutes, then just wipe them off.
I keep a wet cloth in a baggie and a dry cloth in a baggie under the seat. Then I have something to clean my visor with all day.
Usually everyone around uses it too...
Amazingly a wet cloth stays wet for about 3 months. Doesn't smell very good, but it stays wet.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
Spray & Shine for a quickie. If the shield is off the helmet, warm water and mild soap, dry with a soft cloth. I never use a paper towel, they all scratch. For the dried bugs that have been there a few days, place a damp cloth over the shield and let it stay there for 10-15 minutes, then just wipe them off.
I keep a wet cloth in a baggie and a dry cloth in a baggie under the seat. Then I have something to clean my visor with all day.
Usually everyone around uses it too...
Amazingly a wet cloth stays wet for about 3 months. Doesn't smell very good, but it stays wet.

I could imagine a wet rag,with bug guts on it,under the seat for 3 months.... whew!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I usualy use an alcohol prep pad from work/ the hospital or whatever glass/plastic cleaner we have at home. I do want to get a small bottle totake on rides as well. Esp since that first bug decides to commit suicide right in my line of vision, after cleaning my shield.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #26
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Just water. Lay a wet microfiber cloth over the screen for about 10 minutes then wipe everything away. Those were the instructions that came with my husband's Arai.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #27
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Plain old water and a MF towel.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #28
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I usualy use an alcohol prep pad from work/ the hospital or whatever glass/plastic cleaner we have at home. I do want to get a small bottle totake on rides as well. Esp since that first bug decides to commit suicide right in my line of vision, after cleaning my shield.

Tom
This is similar to what I did at work. I used the sanitizer wipes on mine. If I'm at home, good paper towels work.

And it never fails, let me clean my visor while I'm out riding and some huge fucking bug decides to spill his guts all in my line of vision. Bastards.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #29
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
This is similar to what I did at work. I used the sanitizer wipes on mine. If I'm at home, good paper towels work.

And it never fails, let me clean my visor while I'm out riding and some huge fucking bug decides to spill his guts all in my line of vision. Bastards.
like this?

zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #30
t-homo
WSB Champion

What the fuck was that? I know there was one night in late May when I was driving my dad's truck on the toll highway headed to topeka and we hit enough junebugs we had to stop twice to clean the windshield.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote