Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 04-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Just got my feldsheer bags, the whole kit n kaboodle. Compared to the Dowco set I ad last year, these are super bags. Very well constructed and I think I will like them much better. Expandable as well. Ebbs Cortech bags were very nice too, good quality...the set I just got tho I think are larger than his, I went for best bang for my buck and size. All 3, saddle, tail and tank bags are expandable as needed.

Yep I went with Fieldsheer also! I only got the tailbag, although I was tempted to get the saddlebags which were only $79! I don't plan on going on too many long distance trips on my torture rack, I mean motorcycle so... Besides, no offense, but I'm not a girl! I only plan on bringing a couple pairs of jeans, a bunch of socks/underware, a pair of shoes, and some t-shirts. I'll get the bag Tues and do a "trial load". We'll see from there. Oh, I also have a tank bag for loose junk and I still may bring my back pack, since I just paid $50 for it!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Something ya'll might do until you're sure how waterproof your soft bags are, is to wrap everything inside in a trash bag liner or something similar. I'd hate to see any electronics get ruined.

That's *part* of why I went to hard bags. Positive sealing with rubber gaskets, *and* I can lock them.

I know most of you though can't even get hardbags unfortunately. Just makin' a suggestion from when I ran soft bags too!

Yea, I bought 2.5 gallon zip lock bags for that purpose. Between the bag already being water resistant, the included rain cover and these bags, I should be okay.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #23
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea, I bought 2.5 gallon zip lock bags for that purpose. Between the bag already being water resistant, the included rain cover and these bags, I should be okay.
Same here...I think Ill be ok...Plus Ill be keeping an eye on the weather before I leave to see if Im even gonna have to worry about the wetness
Old 04-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #24
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I've got Cortech bags... but the fieldshear bag looks very similar... actually looks a bit bigger. I like it alot... I don't notice it at speed... and that would be my concern with some of those larger one... especially the urban camo one... be hard to strap it down and not have it slide side to side or what ever... ya know?
I like the Cortech tailbag too. Haven't used the saddlebags yet. As for waterproof... Last I used it in the rain, my gym clothes were sweaty anyhow- couldn't tell the difference.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #25
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

here's my input: NO matter what bag you end up with - use clips and NOT BUNGEES to attach it. Bungees will fail and getting a tail bag between your swingarm and rear tire at 120mph is a life changing experience.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
here's my input: NO matter what bag you end up with - use clips and NOT BUNGEES to attach it. Bungees will fail and getting a tail bag between your swingarm and rear tire at 120mph is a life changing experience.

Ha been there, done that! Back in '97, I had a tail bag on my '97 YZF1000 and it slipped off and into my rear tire with my camcorder in it! The maker of the bag covered all of my repairs and my camcorder! This is the first one I've bought since! I'm thinking about strapping it to my seat cowl somehow. In fact, I have a couple old ones that I've considered bolting the pack to.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #27
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm thinking about strapping it to my seat cowl somehow. In fact, I have a couple old ones that I've considered bolting the pack to.
I know it looks goofy as hell but it works.

zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post

Yea there's an Emgo hard case for $70 that I took a hard look at... Hmmm...
Old 04-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #29
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
Zed, thats actually a pretty clever thing to do. I know if I'd had something like that it wouldve saved me scratches and lots of time strapping!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I may have to do that to my rear seat... I don't take passangers!

oh and the cortech bags are like sponges... they will SUCK moisture out of the air!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote