Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Old 11-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #31
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Phil View Post
Good advise Mikey........ That's obviously how you got to be so lean and sessy.
if that's sarcasm, you didnt know me 2 years ago.
AquaPython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #32
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Captain STFU. I've got pieces of guys your size in my shit every morning.
Seriously, you seemed perfectly fit at Indy.

I'm also trying to drop some weight so chicks will like me more and so the bike will handle better/be faster. Only eating home cooked meals helps a lot, even seemingly healthy fast food is a killer and when I eat fast food, I eat for three.
i concur, STFU! unless your over 220 you have no right to think your anything but anorexic

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #33
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
People would look at me and say that I'm not "fat." However, I have been extremely unhealthy for the past year. I haven't measured, but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if I'm up to 20% body fat or more. I don't weight much, but I'm known as a "fat skinny person" because of the high percentage of body fat. I need to cut out the fast food and get back to eating healthy. I'm not talking about going on a "diet," but rather just starting and then maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Small meals 5 or 6 times a day, with a regular exercise plan. I'm naturally skinny with a fairly high metabolism, but I've been killing that metabolism with the horrible foods and lack of exercise lately.
I'm in the exact same situation.

It is actually a struggle for me to keep lean mass on.

However, my diet and sedentary lifestyle over the past 10 months has turned my budding six pack into skinny-guy-dunlop-disease.

Skinny guys can get fat too. Unfortunately you can't complain about it as evidenced by the posts between Cap'ns and mine.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #34
AquaPython
put it THIS way

nope, you can't flaco!
AquaPython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:42 PM   #35
LOZ
clutch it up bitches!

Moto: Honda CRF50

Thanks for all the input. I know what my problems are, only eating once a day, eating junk food (I barely eat at home), and not exercising. I been fat since I was a kid and I have tried different things without much success obviously. I have dropped weight before, but not in a healthy way.

cutting out beer will not be a problem for me. I honestly dont drink. I have drink more recently with you guys because I been coming to the moonlight more often but I usually do not mess with alcohol. I can cut out soda too, I drink it once in a blue cause it usually gives me really bad heartburn.

I want to starting eating a bowl of cereal in the morning, not the kid's cereal, something healthy. and at least 2 more meals during the day. I know you are supposed to have 6 small meals but its hard enough to break the habit of just 1. I also want to setup a schedule to go to the gym. I live in my brother's house and they have a free gym, with all the machines and weights.

Im not looking to become cut or anything like that, I just want to lose this gut and be more fit.

thanks for all the input again everyone.

-Loz
LOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #36
Hondahugger
Better Off

We love you Carlos, you can do it!
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #37
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Captain STFU. I've got pieces of guys your size in my shit every morning.
Seriously, you seemed perfectly fit at Indy.

I'm also trying to drop some weight so chicks will like me more and so the bike will handle better/be faster. Only eating home cooked meals helps a lot, even seemingly healthy fast food is a killer and when I eat fast food, I eat for three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
i concur, STFU! unless your over 220 you have no right to think your anything but anorexic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I'm in the exact same situation.

It is actually a struggle for me to keep lean mass on.

However, my diet and sedentary lifestyle over the past 10 months has turned my budding six pack into skinny-guy-dunlop-disease.

Skinny guys can get fat too. Unfortunately you can't complain about it as evidenced by the posts between Cap'ns and mine.
I knew some of you who have met me would chime in. Yeah, I'm skinny, but like I said, I'm a "fat skinny guy." It's not about weight, it's about percentages. 220 pounds means nothing. One guy can weigh 220 and be nothing but fat, while another is solid muscle. I'm a little guy, but I'm starting to get a skinny guy fat gut.

As for being "anorexic," I'm FAR from that. I love to eat. I just eat horribly unhealthy (at least lately). And if I can't complain, at what point should I decide to become more healthy? Should I wait until I'm so far out of shape that it will take me a couple years to get back into shape? Or should I catch it early and put an end to it before it gets out of hand?
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #38
LOZ
clutch it up bitches!

Moto: Honda CRF50

I found a routine on BallyFitness... they suggest to go with the 5 days routine for better results...

https://east.ballyfitness.com/rapid_...lans/index.asp

Like Bill said, it is tough to start out an exercise/healthy eating habits during the holidays, but at the same time, I dont think it will be much of a problem, since Ill only be having 3 family dinners, which are thanksgiving, christmas day and new years... But I feel like its one of those moments when you just feel like saying FUCK IT, and just doing something.

right now Im just trying to get everything organized. the biggest obstacle is coming up with a meal plan. I want to start up by having a healthy cereal in the morning, then sometime in the afternoon have a meal replacement shake, and then have a light dinner. I dont have a problem eating salads or fruits.

Mike(AP), what do you think about meal replacement shakes?

I was at a nutrition presentation in school and they gave me a sample packet. the brand is proV60. says that its a great meal replacement, excellent night formula. whats your opinion on these type of shakes?
LOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:29 PM   #39
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOZ View Post
I found a routine on BallyFitness... they suggest to go with the 5 days routine for better results...

https://east.ballyfitness.com/rapid_...lans/index.asp

Like Bill said, it is tough to start out an exercise/healthy eating habits during the holidays, but at the same time, I dont think it will be much of a problem, since Ill only be having 3 family dinners, which are thanksgiving, christmas day and new years... But I feel like its one of those moments when you just feel like saying FUCK IT, and just doing something.

right now Im just trying to get everything organized. the biggest obstacle is coming up with a meal plan. I want to start up by having a healthy cereal in the morning, then sometime in the afternoon have a meal replacement shake, and then have a light dinner. I dont have a problem eating salads or fruits.

Mike(AP), what do you think about meal replacement shakes?

I was at a nutrition presentation in school and they gave me a sample packet. the brand is proV60. says that its a great meal replacement, excellent night formula. whats your opinion on these type of shakes?
Don't cut out too many calories. Starving your body is one of the worst things you can do. If you don't get enough calories, your body will go into survival mode and start to store everything it can get in the form of more fat, which is exactly the opposite of what you want. You probably don't want to drop below 2000 calories per day, 1800 is the absolute bare minimum. Complete nutrition is the best approach. Ensure that each meal contains protein, fat and carbs, all in good proportion. A "diet" is a very bad thing because your body thinks it's starving and you end up worse off in the long run.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #40
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
if that's sarcasm, you didnt know me 2 years ago.
You were lean when you were a college freshman. That's more than two years ago now, old man.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote