Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 01-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #51
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
My theory is Archie Manning wanted a kid in each league, and since Peyton was already in the AFC...Eli got to go to the NFC.
I guarantee you he would get 0 pub if he was in the AFC with big bro.
Could be more too since they would play each other more often. As it is now it sjust once every 4 yrs or the outside shot they both get to the super bowl.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #52
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Could be more too since they would play each other more often. As it is now it sjust once every 4 yrs or the outside shot they both get to the super bowl.
Exactly. If they are both in the AFC, no possible way they could play each other in the Super Bowl.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #53
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Exactly. If they are both in the AFC, no possible way they could play each other in the Super Bowl.
True, but they would still be able to hype more games if they play each other more often, kind alike all the NE Indy games.

I think thats why this year they def dont want the jets in the SB, sure its a major market but no good story lines. Just a boring team with an obnoxious loudmoth coach. Theyre set with the NFC teams for good story lines and inserting peyton manning and the colts in there would make for great stories. Plus a hell of a lot of offense with indy playing either minnesota or NO.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #54
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Why not play up the storyline of Sanchez?
The rookie QB who stepped in after the all world, single bestest, greatest of all time, never be another one, Brett Favre retired (again).

Granted, he isn't the most talented QB out there, but this team is very similar to the Ravens team that won the SB with Dilfer a few years back. Very good run game, and a very good defense. All he has to do is not screw up - so far, so good.

*for the record, I think the Colts will get a lead early and win.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #55
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Why not play up the storyline of Sanchez?
The rookie QB who stepped in after the all world, single bestest, greatest of all time, never be another one, Brett Favre retired (again).

Granted, he isn't the most talented QB out there, but this team is very similar to the Ravens team that won the SB with Dilfer a few years back. Very good run game, and a very good defense. All he has to do is not screw up - so far, so good.

*for the record, I think the Colts will get a lead early and win.
the jets atre more of a boring team though, very solid and efficient but the jets have no big personalities. At least the ravens had ray lewis. Plus since manning is the proverbial good guy I think they would rather see him there playing the vikings or the saints.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #56
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Been debating that with a freind at work, he thinks give him another year, i say cut your losses and start over. The raiders pick far enough down in the draft they can get good value with someone like bradford or clausen.

it helps that several of the teams in front of them are set at QB, and I think at least 6 of the top 10 prospects are defensive players.

But it doesnt matter since davis will fuck it up anyway.
I say cut him loose. He has zero work ethic. Thats a problem. Another year isn't gonna cure that. If he doesn't wanna work and get any better than all the time in the world isn't gonna do anything for him.

And really...the Colts offense hasn't been all that great this year. They haven't laid a ton of points on people like they used to. I think regardless of who makes it...this is a NFC year for the Bowl.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #57
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I say cut him loose. He has zero work ethic. Thats a problem. Another year isn't gonna cure that. If he doesn't wanna work and get any better than all the time in the world isn't gonna do anything for him.

And really...the Colts offense hasn't been all that great this year. They haven't laid a ton of points on people like they used to. I think regardless of who makes it...this is a NFC year for the Bowl.
maybe withthe right coach they could turn him around, but cable isnt the answer. Plus youre right russels crappy year wasnt his fault it was everyone elses.

They should cut him, draft a QB and let him sit behind gardkowski for a year or 2 ot develop. or if they can solidify the O-line let him play since they should have a decent running game.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #58
Rider
Moto GP Star

Fuck Peyton Manning that happy footed freak.

That is all.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #59
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
maybe withthe right coach they could turn him around, but cable isnt the answer. Plus youre right russels crappy year wasnt his fault it was everyone elses.

They should cut him, draft a QB and let him sit behind gardkowski for a year or 2 ot develop. or if they can solidify the O-line let him play since they should have a decent running game.
Cable's not awful. Maybe not a great coach...but they weren't terrible this year. Maybe with a decent coach they can win a few more games even with the current batch of players. But I think Cable's gone anyway.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #60
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I think regardless of who makes it...this is a NFC year for the Bowl.
This.

Whether the Saints or the Vikings win, they will steamroller the colts.
The colts had lots of wins this year that were a lot closer than they should have been, and almost lost alot of them. Luck will run out.